I got excused from jury duty

Due to being 70 or older. I would have had to document giving sz as the reason to be exempt. That would have been a hassle. Grow old, kids. It’s easier. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m exempt for life. Gave them a note from my doc. I’ve never served on a jury in my life. And hopefully I’ll never be on the wrong end of one.

4 Likes

I got called in on the jury pool once. Just had to sit around and wait most of the day until they finally called us in to ask us questions. I did not get selected for the actual jury though.

3 Likes

I was summoned for jury duty once, had my pdoc write a note telling them I had schizophrenia and I didn’t have to do it.

1 Like

I did jury duty with the County. You had to go weekly for six months or six trials whichever occurs first. I served on just one, a criminal rape case.

1 Like

Omg my jury duty was so boring.
It was to do with accounting.

Nvt, I did survive…

1 Like

I’d like to do jury duty. Guess that boat has sailed.:stuck_out_tongue:

I got called up when I was living in the United States. Like hadn’t been in the country for two years and somehow I got called up. I also got a fine for not voting. We have compulsory voting. Had to send a notorised letter to say I wasn’t in the country!

2 Likes

Wow how much was the fine?

I never check my mail these days. I wonder how much trouble I’d get in if I were summoned for jury duty and never did anything about it.

I think you can go to jail for that unfortunately

Lucky me lol. Fingers crossed they never summon me then. I don’t even own a car to drive there, for crying out loud, and I’m not getting on a bus for anybody.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.