I got bit by a dog today

Yep the title says it all. I was at work doing my course and I was bit. I’m getting a tetanus jab tomorrow.

4 Likes

What kind of doggo bit you?

Good luck. I heard tetanus shots really hurt. :leopard::leopard::leopard:

Oh I’m sorry @Fanny_Longbottom.

Oh geez. But it’s good you’re getting your tetanus jab.

Are you in a rabies country? Might be worth checking that out

Oh yikes! Was the owner there? Can you confirm the dog was up to date on vaccinations?

I’m in the uk @anon94176359

@ninjastar the owner wasn’t there they had dropped it off to be groomed. It went for another dog and was pulling the other dogs lead which was attached to it. When I went to grab the lead it bit me. The owner has been informed

@anon39015889 it was a Lakeland terrier

3 Likes

Oh I am glad you won’t need rabies shots. That situation sounds stressful though

Is the UK rabies free? Rabies is terrifying. I was told recently most people that get it do not make it.

1 Like

Uk is rabies free

1 Like

Yesterday afternoon I had a tetanus jab. Now I’m on antibiotics for the wound.

Was it a small dog? I hope so. How bad is the bite? Where were you bit?

1 Like

It was a Lakeland terrier …kind of small. I was bit on my finger. The bite wasn’t terribly bad but it pierced the skin so I have to take antibiotics

1 Like

In the countryside where I live people let their dogs run loose, so that if you walk past their house you have to deal with some strange dog harassing you. One guy’s dog was actually biting our people as they walked past. These country people with dogs seem to think their property line extends out to the other side of the road in front of their house. I think they ought to hand out fines to people who let their dangerous dogs roam on public land.

1 Like

Oh good. So it was minor.

[quote=“crimby, post:15, topic:161342”]
These country people with dogs seem to think their property line extends out to the other side of the road in front of their house

My property line does cross the road in front of my house. I have 2.21 acres on the other side of the road. The road actually cross my land. The county has a right of way.

That isn’t the case with most of these people.

They used to hurt back when I was a child.
They used to take a long time to inject too but the injections now a days don’t hurt.
It’s just improved so much.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.