I got another sick note

I’m getting confused. I think I’ll make this my last one.

1 Like

Man. My gp still won’t give me a sick note, asked on two occasions now.

Did you get it from your psychiatrist or the gp? If you don’t mind me asking that is.

I got it from the GP. I don’t know about other places but you can just request it online. But then again I recently came out of hospital so that’s why they are allowing it probably. I only get universal credit. Nothing else.

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense. They should be assessing you for ability to work?

I tried through the online portal. Never got a call back. Guess I’ll try again.

They should but they know i am awaiting an appointment from the pdoc to see if its ok for me to work again … Yes maybe make an appointment though, say you are struggling at the moment… I initially did it through appointment.

1 Like

I only get the sick note so the universal credit people won’t keep on calling me to look for work constantly

Yeah, I kind of need it because I have no other way to work. I am too liable to relapse which would make me drop out of uni.

I’ve just sent another request.

I think they are presuming because I am a student I am not being given one. But if you get pip (which I do) on the enhanced rate. You are entitled to claim uc due to disability

My dad isn’t working right now because he’s a taxi driver and he’s recently left the hospital because of a heart attack so I need to help with home costs too. It’s a bit difficult

1 Like

Makes sense. They can be very persistent and dismissive of bad health circumstances. I’ve yet to experience it personally but I imagine it’ll happen sooner or later

1 Like

I’m sorry about your father Did you have to go assessment for pip. ? I got denied 3 times. This is the 4th time I’m applying.

Nope. They rang up my nurse at the time. And then she spoke to them and that was it. I got given it

1 Like

How do they do that to you? Do they phone you constantly?

1 Like

With Universal Credit, have you filled out a UC50 form yet?

You can get more entitlement, and if assessed to be unfit for work, you no longer have to give them sick notes

1 Like

Do you need the fitness note before that though? I mean before you get assessed for fit for work? Because that’s what I’m under the impression of. They did say I was entitled to more but they said I need the fitness note first.

1 Like

It’s funny that your gp can’t spell bipolar correctly.

4 Likes

Lol :joy:
I didn’t notice that either. Haha

2 Likes

Yes they keep calling to see how you’re doing like with JSA.

I think I filled one in and now i just have to send sick notes.

GPs are notorious for terrible handwriting… probably the reception staff couldn’t work out what he wrote.

2 Likes

lol yea, i was thinking same thing =D

2 Likes

I received a call today. And he’s said he wrote the note and was going to email it. I haven’t received any email though. A little annoyed by it.

1 Like