I got an internship!

Sooooo today I matched for an internship to complete my doctorate. I’m totally excited as this has been a long process (I first applied for one in 2014 and this is my third time applying). This has happened after a three year psychosis that basically ripped my life apart.

So yay!

21 Likes

Congratulations good on you

1 Like

Where did you get the internship at;?;

Up in Illinois at a community mental health agency. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! What is your doctorate in? What research are you doing for it? What will you be doing for the internship?

It’s in psychology. I’m researching LGBTQ bullying. I’ll be working in a school/mental health agency provided therapy to teens and families. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great @Quijas6! Congratulations!! And we need people who care about that community too, so I’m glad you’re doing that.

1 Like

Yay. Sounds like such a meaningful pursuit. Good on you for getting it. And not giving up!

1 Like

Good for you and never give up.

1 Like

Wow what an amazing internship! Thank you for making that your area of study. We need more folks like you in the world!

1 Like

Congratulations. It is nice to see things for people come together after going through alot!! Especially mental illness.

1 Like

Congratulations ! It’s always amazing to see people progress with this disease.

1 Like

Congratulations!! 155555

1 Like

Congratulations :balloon: well done

1 Like

Well done. Sounds a really worthwhile path to really helping people. Congrats.

1 Like

Awesome! You can do this – what is your degree in?

1 Like

How long does it take to get your doctorate? I’m thinking about it.

It can take only five years, at least my program is five years with the fast track. But it’s going to be 10 years for me with my illness.

I assume you can do it part time. 10 years works for me.

I would think there is places you can do part time. My degree is supposed to take max 8 years but I got an extension because of my illness. Everyone there was so kind to me after my psychotic break. They were actually relieved to have a reason why I was acting so strangely.

1 Like