I got a really nice job offer

So the other day, I got a message from a friend, saying that they knew someone who’s starting up her own clothing company and needs experienced seamstresses. Seeing as I am one, I contacted the lady, and we clicked right away. The interview is on Thursday, and I’m really excited to meet her in person and talk shop.

I’d be starting at $10/hr, then after 6 months I’d be added into a profit sharing plan, which could have the potential to earn me a decent amount of money if the line takes off. I’m currently working on a sample to show her what I can do.

As usual, wish me luck, I could really use this job!

17 Likes

Good luck Hun
Good that you hit it off

2 Likes

Congrats Hope u get selected Soon …!!!
working iz always good when u are mentally ill…!!

2 Likes

Yes, good luck @RowanAmethyst!
Sounds like a really good opportunity :sunny:

1 Like

So great when you can find a niche like that; not just a job but a skill that you can put to use! Hoping and praying you get that job!

1 Like

great news, hope it works out well for you

1 Like

Moved to school and work.

Congratulations, this job sounds perfect for you!

2 Likes

Yes, sounds perfect! Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, Ninjastar, I actually hadn’t noticed the school and work board. Also thanks for the congratulations, everybody!

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I had the interview, and we got along really well! She thought my work was a bit sloppy, but she sees potential, so I got the job! I start next week, $10/hr like I said, and there’s plenty of work to do. Right now I’m practicing my detail work so my quality is up to snuff, by sewing a shift dress with decorative satin facing on the neck and armscyes. I’m super excited about starting work!

11 Likes

I’m so excited, I start work tomorrow afternoon! She’ll have me making tote bags to start, something I can do all day. I’m going to start slow, so I don’t burn myself out, but I figure even at just 10 hours a week, I’ll be making enough to cover my daily expenses. Of course, it’ll also depend on how much work needs to be done, if she, say, needs 20 bags by next Tuesday, obviously I’ll have to do more. We’ll see how things turn out!

3 Likes

One day I want to be like you, out there in the world accomplishing things. Earning a living for myself. That’s a good look, man.