I got a new puppy!

Her name is Ramona :heart:

26 Likes

9 Likes

wow! He looks comfortable!

4 Likes

Is that her mama? Only one pup?

1 Like

No, the big girl is my ESA, Athena. We adopted them separately. Pit Bull/Boxer mix and chihuahua

1 Like

Is that “emotional support animal”? That wouldn’t work for me. I got knocked down by a big dog and have a fear of them. But my friend had one. He was very well behaved.

1 Like

Yes, she can be a handful sometimes, but she’s very good when I am hurting myself or panicking, she comes and lays on me in such a way that makes me unable to continue the fit and she’ll stay with me until I’m calm.

5 Likes

Not sure if we have emotional support animals in the UK, I like the idea though.

2 Likes

Honestly, the main reason I had her officially classified as an ESA was so that I could rent housing easier. Many landlords don’t allow pets, but will make an exception for dogs with certificates.

2 Likes

That’s just wonderful. As a former R.N, I’m amazed at your first person, insider account of what an emotional support dog does exactly and how they help the severely MI. Thank you.

3 Likes

aww such a great little doggie…glad you have him and the bigger dog too…!!

2 Likes

She is a godsend. She also helps me a bit with my hallucinations. If I see something and she is not alerted to it, it helps me differentiate between what is real and what’s in my head.

1 Like

Congratulations!
I have a new puppy also!

She is precious!

2 Likes

Your puppy looks lovely! My doggo says hi!

5 Likes

What a cute pupperz :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cute puppy! 15151

2 Likes

Your doggo looks so sweet! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lovely photo in the OP

2 Likes

Thank you and congratulations on yours! What a joy they are!

2 Likes

Thanks @TheIdlerWheel
Yes they are!

1 Like