I googled the difference between boredom and depression

I dunno, i still think there is no difference. What you think ?

1 Like

Boredom is a kind of desperation I suppose

3 Likes

Boredom doesn’t make me suicidal, but depression does.

7 Likes

Yes, desperate for change, is that what you mean?

Some people do selfharmactivies out of boredom like drugging, alcohol etc.

I think boredom is intermittent and easy on the mind and body. While depression is heavy and long.

2 Likes

Desperate for something meaningful to happen

3 Likes

Yes, that what Google says, similar.

1 Like

I used to get bored, then I accepted the sensation and used the time where I couldn’t help to do anything to relax, and rest my mind.

Now I’m only bored when I feel lethargic enough to not want to do things, so I relax and rest then too.

2 Likes

That’s a personality disorder or addiction.

2 Likes

You are saying people experiencing boredom have a personality disorder? I mean as well, bored people not only drugging, alcohol etc. they start picking fights and doing dangerous stupid stuff.

OMG no. If you’re self-harming you likely either have a personality disorder, a psychotic disorder, or both. Healthy people are able to be bored without causing some sort of fuss.

3 Likes

When I’m bored I wander around the house but I don’t cut myself or feel suicidal

3 Likes

I got antagonised (pushing buttons to get a reaction/response) when i was young, i couldn’t escape the exposure to these people, maybe that why i selfharm and have sz. Thanks @shutterbug, i got something to work on.

1 Like

Yes, you do healthy activities, i do unhealthy activities when i am bored.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.