Incoming withdrawals !
I have not been feeling to great today and I think it’s from drinking coke. I’ve been drinking it a lot since I quit alcohol. I’ll still drink it but as from tomorrow it’ll have to be the odd can rather than 10. It’ll be dilute drinks mainly for me from now on.
Diet or regular?
I vary. Sometimes diet, sometimes non diet.
I like Coke Zero. Coke life is pretty good too.
I am not that keen on vanilla flavoured cola. Cherry flavour is bearable .
I like cherry coke. Cherry Diet Coke on the other hand is vile.
There’s no Cherry Coke in Florianópolis
Anyone remember tab clear?
I had to look that up, is it clear coke? It kind of rings a bell but you must being going back some years.
Totally live on Coke Zero. I keep trying to fill up the bottles with filtered water, fridge them and take some with me. Mostly to curb frivolous spending to save. Never seems to work out well though.
I live on diet coke too.
The caffeine helps combat the med side effects and it tastes just delicious.
I only drink coke with booze. Found this online tho. Thought it was wild. Ive only ever used coke to clean blood stains off concrete ( serial killer tip of the day!). But check out this list of what coke can be used for, something that can do this stuff surely shouldnt be drank, should it?
- Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric (I had to start there)
- Remove rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil.
- Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
- Make gooey Coke funnel cakes .
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
- Loosen a rusty bolt; pour on some Coke and wait for the magic to happen.
- Kill slugs and snails; a small bowl of Coke will attract them, the acid will kill them.
- Help a lawn become lush and green
- Prevent an asthma attack! Apparently, the caffeine in two 12oz cans can prevent the onset of an attack.
- Defrost a frozen windshield. Apply liberally and wait (I’ll see if this works in winter)
- Clean burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
- Descale a kettle using the same method in 11.
- Neutralize a jellyfish sting.
- Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
- Cure nausea; let a can of Coke go flat then take a teaspoon of Coke every hour.
- Also, flat coke can help relieve an upset stomach (aka “the runs”)
- Make a Mentos & Coke exploding fountain. This one takes a 2-liter bottle of Coke.
- Get rid of hiccups; gargle with a big mouthful of ice-cold Coke.
- Shake up a can and pour it over your windshield to remove bugs and other crud.
- Use the method in 19 for your car bumpers, too.
- Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
- Relieve congestion; boil and a can of Coke and drink while hot to clear you up.
- Make a sweet BBQ sauce. Mix a can of Coke with ketchup and brush over ribs or chicken.
- Baste a ham roast with Coke as it cooks. The sugars will caramelize; the ham will be moist.
- Add a can of coke to your pot roast to tenderize it and add extra flavor. (Thanks Linsey).
- Make pretty pennies; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
- Make your hair curly; pour flat Coke onto long hair, leave for a few minutes then rinse.
- Age documents and photos; for that antique look, apply Coke, pat with paper, leave to dry.
- Clean tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
- Mix a can of Coke with a packet of Italian seasoning; cook a tough steak in it.
- Make better compost; Coke increases the acidity, adds sugars and feeds microorganisms.
- Dissolve a tooth in it; Use a sealed container, this takes ages. Why would you want to though, unless you’re Hannibal Lecter?
- Remove gum from hair; dip into a small bowl of Coke, leave a few minutes. Gum will wipe off.
- Get silky skin; mix a spoonful of Coke with regular lotion and apply liberally.
- Make low-fat brownies .
- Pour a little in a cup and set it out an hour before a picnic, away from your site; it will attract wasps and bees so they’re not bugging you and your grub.
- Remove stains from vitreous china. More info on vitreous materials here .
- Got a dirty pool? Add two 2-liter bottles of Coke to clear up the water (it acts as rust remover).
- Add Coke to your laundry to remove bad smells, especially fish.
- Remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it.
- Mop a floor with Coke to make it sticky. It’s a movie industry trick to stop actors slipping.
- Remove marker stains from carpet. Apply Coke, scrub, then clean with soapy water.
- Clean a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
- Apply to skin for a deep tan (although this seems like a recipe for skin cancer to me).
- Supposedly, drinking an 8oz can of Coke every day can prevent kidney stones.
- Add it to a Sloppy Joe mix
- Perk up your Azaleas or Gardenias.
- Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
- Strip paint off metal furniture; soak a towel in Coke, sit it on the surface for days. Make sure you keep adding Coke to keep the towel wet. (Seems like a hassle, I’d rather buy paint stripper.)
- Add it to vodka, rum or bourbon.
- Drink it straight from the can, if you can (too sweet for me)
And a few Coke fallacies:
Coke is not used by the authorities to clean blood from the roads after accidents.
Coke will not dissolve teeth or nails OVERNIGHT. It takes a long time.
Coke and aspirin will not get you high.
Coke is not an effective spermicide.
Coke poured onto raw pork will not cause worms to come crawling out of it.
The acids in Coke do not make it dangerous to drink (your own stomach acids are much stronger).
Drinking too much Coke will not make you die from CO2 poisoning.
Coke does not contain cocaine (although it used to).
Coke did not become carbonated by accident
When I worked at Sears our truck unloading crew would take turns buying each other large cokes from the mall next to us. I had been clean for three years at that point. Whenever it came my turn to go get two or three cokes for us I would say, “I’m going to make a coke run”. Everybody would crack up. I have to be careful about joking about drugs since I’m an addict.
Hey @77nick77 we are addicts so we have the best jokes and stories about drugs! Have to spread the wealth sometimes!!
My Cocaine slogan:
Live hard, play hard, fall hard, cant get hard
I used coca cola & ice tea back in drsma club to make my costume look “antique” for my role! Worked perfectly!