I forgot my brother likes acting!

he enjoyed being in plays in high school. i forgot all about this. sometimes i get annoyed when he brings up videos on his phone of shows he likes while we are in a conversation. but just now i remembered theatre is something he’s into. he’s just like mom and dad, sits on his device and entertains himself while i am trying to make conversation. i am used to it with mom and dad but since he’s visiting i thought maybe he would like to talk. he doesn’t.

2 Likes

That’s hurtful. Can you have a friendly heart to heart with him about it?

1 Like

no i wouldn’t say anything, as we get older we have grown apart. it’s weird the first thing he does when he gets in town is give hugs, but i think he’s just going through the motions, but when he is here he is a distant unless he’s drinking. he is combat veteran and i often wonder if he has untreated ptsd or whatever effects of war that he will never talk about.

2 Likes

Actually, ptsd makes sense. I feel for you

1 Like

it’s no big deal, im going back over to mom and dads for dinner, my sister is coming too, but just taking a break from trying to make conversation with them for awhile. they are more interested in norm macdonald videos, or red squid games haha. or whatever these things are that you learn about from socializing.

1 Like

Acting is my best coping skill. I’ve only had one doctor I couldn’t convince I’m sane. Lol.

1 Like

I’m glad you feel that way

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.