I finally slept without sleepingpills

For the last 6 months I have had an obsessive thought about that I wouldn’t be able to sleep when I had my son over for a weekend, and so I have used zolpiclone everytime he has been here since april. But this night I finally slept by my self. Oh well I’m still on olanzapine but I didn’t need the sleeping pills. I’m so relieved, it has been 6 Hard months and I have been so obsessed with all my thoughts of sleeping that I was afraid that I would have to break contact with my son, when I was running out of sleeping pills. I know that doesn’t make sense, but I believed that soon I wouldn’t see him again.

5 Likes

Yeah, sleep is a big deal for me, too.

1 Like

Your post helps me gain perspective on my son’s struggles with SZ and poor quality sleep.

Thank-you for sharing your difficulties.

from Vermont

I don’t know if that will help your son, but for me it is my mind there is my worst enemy. When I get some thougths it is almost impossible to let go of them again.

Hi @Diane_Mortier

I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Volunteer Moderator
Ninjastar

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.