I feel my parents deserve a happy son

I dunno if this is a selfish thought or a benevolent thought, but I often times feel my parents deserve a happy and healthy son. It’s not about me as much as them. My parents love me a lot. My mom grew up poor in the Bronx and worked hard to get to a good place in life so she could give her son a better life than she had. But sz changed all that. My dad is an engineer and engineers are usually good guys. I feel my parents are really good people and they deserve a happy n healthy son. Not saying anyone else doesn’t but I have a feeling in my heart towards my parents that it’s owed to them. After all they didn’t understand the illness much when I was diagnosed but they never gave up on me, read books, joined NAMI, went to alanon. When I felt a girl ruined my life I thought “how dare you try to dictate me and my fate”. After all she didn’t know what I’d been through or my family, but she pretended she did. But my parents deserve a happy and healthy son, everyone does. And even if it’s not the parents that deserve a happy healthy child, it’s the individual that deserves to be happy and healthy. But for me it starts with loyalty towards my parents.

4 Likes

My dad said today was his best birthday ever, and I think he was trying to say it’s because I’m at my best now, after all we’ve been through. Meant a lot to me.

4 Likes