I feel like im going to wake up and none of this is going to be real

I’m schizophrenic, theres no question about it… but I question it alot. I think things like maybe this is a set up, maybe the doctors are against me and want me to die by taking all these medications. Maybe im in denial I dont know. Its on my mind everytime I take my meds I dont know what to do

I can kind of relate to that.

It is one way of looking at it, sz is a dream state.

Doctors want to help you. It’s there job, and for most of them, they got into the profession because they enjoy helping people.
They see how meds help their patients so that’s why they prescribe them.

Relax and give it time, the medicine will work and soon there’s gonna be a new perspective. I’ve been there, i thought there was no such thing as schizophrenia and that was all a big hoax to kill me, eventually i began to get better and now I’m glad I took the medication… You’re not alone

I do feel better but im still in denial for some reason. ive been off and on my meds alot since i was diagnosed because I would just stop taking them, especially in the summer. But this summer I stayed on my meds, got a bit better, but am still in denial maybe your right and it does just take time

1 Like

how long ago were you diagnosed?

5 years i think something like that. Shouldnt I be fully better now?

If you’ve been on and off your meds you’re probably not letting them take their course… it took me a year to get rid of the worse symptoms on a high dose of xeplion.

symptoms first appeared when i was 6 though

yeah me too, 7 or 8 i’m not sure

1 Like

Oh ok that makes sense. im going to stick with the meds even though im doubtful and thatsit

1 Like

hope you feel better, it’s a good thing you posted a thread here it already means you want to get better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had paranoid schizophrenia for 35 years, since I was 19. I started improving when I got in my forties. Who knows if or when you’ll get better? It’s hard to predict. Everybodies schizophrenia is different and it can be hard to predict the course someone’s illness will take.

2 Likes

Standard CBTs:

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

Mindfulness-based CBTs:

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

Any Learned Optimism workbooks u recommend?

We’re not fully aware of our illness, and need close friends and family to tell us so at times.

I really really like your ID pic. That is so awesome!

i guess your right. thanks im a huge syd barrett fan