I feel like I don't have sza

All I know is really weird things happen with psychosis. It doesn’t mean we don’t have the disease (and I have a hard time saying that) but strange things happen that convince us that people are out to get us. More than ordinary things like ideas of reference–even though that happens too. It goes beyond that. That’s why it’s so hard to accept.

2 Likes

Also @CoCo you seem very smart. I think this disease works harder against really smart people. The hooks and convoluted parts to the delusions are worse. This isn’t to downplay anyone else’s experience. But I think it can be isolating for us.

2 Likes

Isn’t this also part of your delusion, albeit in its preliminary stages?

It probably is @NotSeksoEmpirico. I’m starting to learn to unwire from my delusions. It’s hard calling them that. I’m on a higher dose of Haldol so that might be helping.

2 Likes

Well, I do have a high IQ, but it hasn’t translated into anything good yet. And my memory is really bad

I just think it complicates your delusions more. It makes you feel isolated from everyone else as well. Because your delusions are more complicated. I think I feel this way as well but I don’t really have a high IQ. I think memory gets affected by trauma and this illness definitely causes trauma. So it’s hard to remember certain things. I have poor short-term memory but good long-term memory.

I’m glad for you that your long term memory is good. My pdoc says my delusions are complex but I don’t know if that’s due to intelligence or not. To me, it’s definitely real.

Well it’s not real. You should realize that. Try with all your might to quash it. Or increase your medication. I don’t know what else to say.

Just because you experienced weird things, doesn’t mean what you are experiencing is real.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.