I feel like crying

I’m stuck in my brothers house with a bunch of strangers.
I’m sitting alone in the living room while everyone else is eating and socializing.

I feel like crying but I don’t want anyone to see me.

This nice lady keeps asking me if I’m ok.

Ugh I hate being so anxious and antisocial.

20 Likes

I’m sorry :heart: I know that feeling all too well

3 Likes

That’s a tricky situation to be in

2 Likes

I have been the same place several times, and got nothing else to say that im sorry for you

2 Likes

Thanks guys. 1555

2 Likes

Why am I so antisocial?
I honestly believe that I have SZA.

Everyone else is mingling laughing joking being outwardly social and all I want to do is hide under a rock!

3 Likes

You’d think some of the others would try to engage you in conversation. People can be clueless sometimes.

I hope you survive this nightmare social situation. I know what it’s like.

4 Likes

Yeah there are quite a few people that are approaching me and making conversation.

Including my brothers super nice girl friend.

I go and make attempts to walk into the kitchen from time to time but I’m really in no mood to socialize today.

More so than usual.

1 Like

Yeah there are quite a few people that are approaching me and making conversation.

Including my brothers super nice girl friend.

I go and make attempts to walk into the kitchen from time to time but I’m really in no mood to socialize today.

More so than usual.

Thanks @everhopeful

2 Likes

I have a cousin who is Bipolar and he is the life of the party, especially when he is in a high.

Another cousin also has Bipolar and he is very social.

On the other hand I am schizoaffective and quite shy. I would also imagine you are schizoaffective rather than Bipolar.

1 Like

SZA is another one of my diagnoses.
I suspect that I have SZA but my current psychiatrist feels that I have bipolar.

Go figure.

My brothers gfs brother has bipolar and he was a social butterfly at the gathering.

I usually withdraw during get togethers.

2 Likes

I used to do that at some family gatherings. A couple of times I was talkative, though, and after that I think they were happy to let me be alone.

2 Likes

I can socialize with ppl but just a bit. Once I was in a nightclub with friends and one girl there told me to smile, she said I am giving her bad vibes lol

2 Likes

When ppl hug me I feel like crying for some reason. Maybe autism and sz have things in common like scientists say, they share lots of genetics.

2 Likes

This happened to me at my cousins wedding. I went back to the Airbnb. Now I take a prn before social situations like this and it helps me a bit

I do believe it’s the sza, but I think in my case I can remedy it with a prn

Hang in there tonight!

2 Likes

That sounds really stressful. Hopefully, you’re back home by now @Wave

2 Likes

I’m sorry it’s so hard on you. The night will eventually end. Just hang in there a little longer

2 Likes

Hugs @Wave . Hope you were able to get through the event. Sorry you had a hard time

2 Likes

@Wave When you look at all those people, what are all the thoughts that run through your head?

2 Likes

What type of prn do you take? An AP or a benzo?

1 Like