Schizophrenia.com

I feel like a jerk

I’ve never wished my stepmom a happy birthday in many years. She isn’t nice to me. But she did something very kind to me recently and now I feel like a jerk. I should have made that first step towards getting along. I’m going to make sure I wish her a happy birthday from now on. We’re still on edge a little because she’s never liked me but I need to make the effort just like she did

11 Likes

You’re not a jerk

3 Likes

Thanks @Twialine . I still feel bad about it

2 Likes

I understand but you gotta remember you aren’t

2 Likes

Maybe you could do something kind to her. If it doesn’t work at least you tried. If it does work life will be better.

4 Likes

I agree @crimby. I’m going to put forth effort

2 Likes

When I want to forgive myself and do better, my head turns into a cold, sweaty ice cube of inability. I, too, have to just blunder through it. It works, though.

3 Likes

You are okay. Sometimes I forget dates and feel bad. Though I find that most nice people are nice and even though give belated birthday wishes, they are still very grateful for that acknowledgement. Don’t stress.

2 Likes

You are definitely not a jerk. It takes two to tango. You both have been offish to each other. She put forth the olive branch and now you can reciprocate. I think it’s great you are going to be wishing her a happy birthday from now on.

3 Likes

Thanks @leaf :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.