I feel like a burden

I can’t work I am starting volunteering but I rely financially and housing on family and I feel guilty all the time I cry because this

2 Likes

Is the guilt coming from within, or does it come from your family?

Within they are okay with helping

I also feel like a burden much of the time. I just try to help as many people as i can and do as much as possible for them to repay what they do for me. It helps sometimes knowing i was able to pitch in or come through in some way for them and lessons the feeling i have of burdening them with myself. Just try to pay it all forward as best as im able to.

2 Likes

Me to I guess it’s cuz I’m married and I want to provide more for my wife I pay it forward I cook and clean she never cooks cuz I don’t let her I got to pay it forward she’s my rock for reality checking

5 Likes

Im right there with you @lastdragon. I do the exact same.

2 Likes

that’s cool bro. :wink: :dark_sunglasses:

just keep trying. with part-time or entry-level jobs, it’s usually a matter of showing your effort, confidence, and strength to interviewers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m building credentials to be a vet assistant so I’m volunteering at an animal shelter

4 Likes

If it was reversed and your wife stayed home and cooked and cleaned ,I doubt you would feel she needs to get a job. My wife stays home and takes care of things there I really appreciate not having to come home and clean or cook. She has never had a career so if she did work it would be minimum wage. I would rather have the help around the house. Don’t feel bad for being in that position , your still helping out. Things may change in the future for you but your a team with your wife , don’t be so hard on yourself.

1 Like

Feelings are not facts. I can have someone sit in my kitchen and say, “I don’t feel welcome here,” when that is not true.

Jayster

2 Likes