I feel guilty

I read two harry Potter books and I couldn’t get into the third one out of bordom. I feel bad. I intended to read the whole set of books. But I am reading a new one now… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Whatcha readin?

1 Like

Im reading a suitable boy

1 Like

I have no time to read in the summer, but i have a couple of books for this winter

1 Like

I know there are a lot of people who say the books were poorly written. I like the movies more than the books myself but was able to enjoy the books. Her style of prose isn’t the best, but she had some really interesting themes going in those books that were fun.

You don’t have to feel guilty for not reading them. There are many others who dislike the books as well. People more often were guilty about reading them because they were meant for children/young adults hehe.

1 Like

I couldn’t really get into the Harry Potter books either. Maybe if I read them as a kid, but as an adult they’re just too young for me. I’m not the target audience.

2 Likes

I see books as just another form of entertainment. I know that sounds shallow, but for me they are pastimes. Read what you like and don’t feel guilty about it

3 Likes

Nothing to feel guilty about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s ok, I’m sure JK Rowling won’t know if you don’t read the whole series… There is a lot! :wink:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.