I feel emotional sometimes when I think back

My first ever psychosis, I was hospitalised, sectioned, ambulance etc., but when I arrived at the hospital I felt really at home. And my psychosis slowly went away on the ward that first night and I wasn’t given medication.

I felt happy that I was not psychotic anymore.

And the patients were fun

Crazy but nice. In a good way.

Today I’m tidying up my bedroom and I came across my inpatient discharge summary.

It’s interesting to read back, and emotional.

How do you feel about your first hospitalisation due to your psychosis?

2 Likes

Part of the inpatient discharge summary. Autumn 2016.

3 Likes

My hospitalizations have been torturous but I grew from them I think. Or at least I persevered and learned some things about life.

2 Likes

How many times have you been hospitalized? For me it’s quite a long list. Over 10 times

1 Like

I have been hospitalised twice. Both the first and second time was in 2016

My second time round wasn’t like the first time round. In the hospital.

1 Like

The hospital that I was in in Kona Hawaii had really good food like really, really good food

1 Like

Mmm. That’s lucky… Hope it made you feel a bit better. Our food wasn’t really good but it was good, lol. Once medicated I used to go for seconds a lot. Second time round at the hospital.

1 Like

My hospitalizations were very frustrating to me.

I didn’t like that I couldn’t have my phone or anything.

I also didn’t like the strip searches upon entering to look for drugs and/or weapons. They check for that every time even though I have no criminal record, no previous arrests, and I don’t use drugs.

I hate how cold and uncaring the staff is.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. That would have been quite difficult for me too.

2 Likes

This requirement should change in the states, imo.

2 Likes

My first hospitalization was traumatic. I was cuffed and taken into an ambulance. I was really unwell.

Really hated it in Bellevue hospital. It also resulted in quitting my job, moving continents and going on meds and disability. Quite a change!

4 Likes

I didn’t even know where I was the first time I was hospitalized. I was so confused and out there.

1 Like

I was never hospitalized. Maybe it’s a rarer course of action in Italy, idk. I was taken to the hospital twice while psychotic, they gave me some antipsychotics, wrote a report that said a bunch of stuff like compromised contact with reality(I don’t think the word was contact but you get the idea), and that I wasn’t making much sense, in more technical terms, and sent me on my merry way with a prescription for more antipsychotics. That’s how I got onto Risperidone and Abilify, the first and second time I was taken to the E.R. psychotic, only my third AP was prescribed by my pdoc, after the old one finally went working elsewhere.

1 Like

Wow! You’ve been to the famous Bellevue. HBO made a documentary about that hospital a long time ago.

@Zoe My first hospitalization was terrifying. I was in a VA hospital and surrounded by people who had straight up killed people in war. Some individuals were so sketchy they honestly belonged in jail. Some people were laying bed screaming and crying.

2 Likes

I went to a private hospital in my town. It would have been a piece of cake but I was out of my mind. The food was great and the environment was easy. I ended up escaping twice by breaking out windows. I got four shots in my but both times when they brought me back. Eventually I was sent to the state hospital. It was way more sketchy but they had classes all day and things to do. Idk id say the whole experience was pretty bad but mostly that was cause of me. I was really bad off at the time. The food was great in both places though.

1 Like

I was completely out of it on haldol the first time i was hospitalized i dont even remember how long I was there felt like one night it was nice that my Sister and Dad came to visit me though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.