I feel AWFUL

I just got word the pastor of my church died from Covid. It’s still killing people. I’ve been sick with Covid too but got the new Covid drug Paxlovid and I lived. I went nuts posting how and where to get it. I don’t think he got the med. Why am I so blessed to have a nurse practitioner whose heard of it and why aren’t there ads on TV that’s there’s a Covid drug now that will save your life.

It doesn’t seem right….

5 Likes

Has anyone else been sick with Covid and lived, but someone else you know died. I’m freaked out

Sorry about your pastor.

Probably will be for a long time to come.

1 Like

Thanks @Bowens 15

1 Like

For Everyone’s Info……

In the USA, new drug Paxlovid for Covid that will save your life. It’s free, paid for by the US government.

You must have a positive Covid test result to get it. Use a free home test distributed by the US government. Use a smartphone to take a picture of the positive test result and email to your doctor.

Ask your pharmacy if they have the drug first before having your prescription called in. My pharmacy didn’t have it, and I called like five places before I found one that would let me have the drug. Pharmacies have the drug, but they won’t let anyone except their regular customers have it.

You have to take the drug within five days your symptoms started.

2 Likes

You must be devastated…
How old was he?

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your pastor @anon54988740.

1 Like

I know what you mean, you living and him dying is a bit of a head f@#k. But think lots and lots of people survive and some dont its just how it is. Im glad you got that drug in time x

1 Like

I had tested positive with Covid-19 and had to endure the symptoms for a week until I recovered. I now test negative. I do appreciate the 3 does of the vaccine which helped me recover.

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly. Maybe five or ten years younger than me, in his 50’s.

1 Like

Thanks @anon55239608 @SpringRose @yinyang @anon85745701

1 Like

The pastor of my church also died from covid but last year.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that @Aziz Was he or she very old. It’s troubling when someone younger than you dies.

1 Like

I think he was in his 50s, he had a wife, one son and two daughters. My parents visited them after he died.

1 Like

He was too obese though, that probably made his covid symptoms worse.

Oh, that sounds exactly like my pastor. I guess when you are older, he wasn’t it you going. You expect to die first before the younger people.

1 Like

He wasn’t vaccinated either as he was against the vaccines. Maybe he would be alive now if he was vaccinated.

Mine looked about normal weight. I wouldn’t even think classified Overweight.

1 Like

Kurt had all the shots along with boosters, but he died anyway. This new variant is bad.

1 Like

I just hope I didn’t get the Paxlovid because I’m 63, but he didn’t get because he’s in his 50’s.
I kinda assumed everyone could get it.

1 Like