I enjoyed a 24 hour power outage

After we got the generator going, I just relaxed and noticed that back to nature was pleasant - especially the rainstorm.

11 Likes

My neighbor just called me. There is a water outage here soon today.

1 Like

Yes. I am grateful I had a stash of water.

1 Like

Water shortage? Oh no! That’s dangerous! Can you get water from the store still or is it already gone?

2 Likes

I hate losing power. I’ve really come to rely on it.

1 Like

I bet the rainstorm was nice. :slightly_smiling_face: Sucks to lose power, though.

1 Like

We already got lots of bottled water and my father filled the bathtub with water so we’re ready.

3 Likes

Ok. Phew! 15151515

1 Like

It’s a happened a couple of times the power has been out for a little while here, maybe 2 hours tops. It’s definitly a reminder about how reliant our society is on it. But I kind of enjoyed it too though. Got some candles lighted and just sat it out, playing cards or whatnot. Actually it would be a fun experiment to just cut all power for a couple of hours each day when it’s dark, except for the refrigerator. Got to have some boundaries :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds fun. But when I lose power, typically it means I’m out for 5 days. No way to charge my phone. No Internet. No tv. No hot water. Etc…. Not fun

1 Like

We have our own well, so if the power goes out, we have no water, either.

1 Like

Wow. That would scare me. Are you scared?

No. Just frustrated.

1 Like

I hope that doesn’t happen @chordy

Hope what doesn’t happen? We already had the power outage.

It would be bad if you couldn’t get water from your well if the power goes out. That would scare me

Yes. We can’t flush the toilet is the worst part of it. We can get water from other sources.

1 Like