I drove down town without my oxygen

I was only gone about 10 minutes but it went well and boosted my confidence. I’m hoping to dare myself to do more without the tank. Taking it slowly of course.

7 Likes

Driving without it seems scary. Are you bringing your portable tank just in case?

I’m happy for you @PinCushion!
Good going! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should you be doing that ?! That sounds dangerous to me ?

4 Likes

oh chordy…why would you try that…tired of lugging around the tank no doubt…you need your oxygen…please take your tank with you from now on…we worry about you !! @PinCushion

1 Like

No, I had already done that and decided to leave the tank at home this time.

I did have the nurses permission. She just said I should go by my gut feelings.

5 Likes

Geez. That sounds a bit reckless chordy. Don’t play chicken with your health.

1 Like

Don’t forget that my lungs are clear of pneumonia now. I just have to battle a certain amount of copd.

5 Likes

As long as you were able to get back on it safely and nothing bad happened. I agree, that was kind of reckless, make sure to tell your doctor about it, and don’t do it again without permission from the doctor.

I’m sorry @PinCushion.
I misunderstood.
I thought that you’re doctor allowed you to do this.

Make sure you listen to your doctor.

glad your adventure went well @PinCushion Take good care of yourself.

No, some of the posters misunderstood. I did have doc’s (actually it was the visiting nurse) permission. You were right to be happy for me.

1 Like

It’s not a bad idea to keep oxygen nearby. I’m asthmatic and I always make sure I have an inhaler with me.

I’m happy your trip went Well! And since your doctor approved it that’s great! But if you ever aren’t feeling 100% sure about your air make sure to bring your oxygen!!

Cause breathing is good

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.