I don't think teens should diet even if they are a little overweight

Because they are still developing and need the extra nutrition of a full diet. I started gaining weight as a teen and it agonized my relationship with my mother because I refused to cooperate with diet suggestions from the doctor. I think my life would have been so much better if we’d just let it go.

1 Like

My mom always had my sisters and me on a diet when I was little even though we weren’t overweight. It gave all 3 of us an unhealthy relationship with food. It’s what I’m working to overcome now

1 Like

I never dieted as a kid I was a stick too the kids need exercise and moderation same with adults

I played basketball and ran around too

Hmm.

Diet & Exercise Is An Interesting Topic To Me. I Walk Usually Daily. But!, I Have Much Energy These Days. Now, In My Past A Few Years Ago I Gained Some Weight. Never Was Overweight When I Was A Kid. Or Young Adult. As A Kid I Played Sports, & Listened To, And Played Music. As A Young Adult I Got A Construction Job And Was Doing Healthy Activities Every Day, For A Couple Of Years.

Then!, After I Got Hit With The Illness, I Didn’t Eat Much, And Kinda Wavered Between Gaining Jus A Little Bit Weight, And A Month Later Losing Some Weight. But!, During Those Times After The Illness Struck Me Hard & I Tried Reaching Out Into The World, About 10 Years After The First Diagnosis, I Gained A Good Amount Of Weight And Felt Sluggish Every Single Hopeless Day. I Was Severely Depressed. Lost. And Sad. And Kinda Used Food As A Form Of Escape. I Didn’t Have To Think About How Lonely I Was. Or Try To Understand The Reasons Of The Illness, Life & Death. I Jus Nibbled. And Tried To Play Music. But!, Nothing Was Satisfying. Not Even The Food.

A Couple Of Years Ago, I Got My Second Therapist. And She Was Inspiring, Fun, Amazing, And Gave Me Some Light In The Darkness.

Life Got Complicated And Now Here I Am.

Less Is More. In Many More Ways Than One. My Thoughts Are Now On Fasting, And Finding New Ways To Clear My Thoughts. The Weight Issue For Me Goes Like Thus. I Honestly Don’t Care What People Think Of Me. I’m Not Overweight, And That’s Not Because I’m Better Than Anyone. I Jus Don’t Like Feeling Sluggish. When I Fast, My Body Gets Massive Amounts Of Energy. And I Have Yet To Discover An In Between Process For Eating & Fasting During Each Week. But!, When I Do, I Honestly Doubt I’ll Be Trying To Find Ways For Energy In Food, Drink, Or Any Kind Of Over The Counter Medicine.

It’s Different For Everyone. But!, The Truth Is, The Less Food You Eat, The More Better You Will Feel. And You Won’t Be Judging Yourself So Severely To Match The Standards Of Current Social Acceptance.

So, What’s Wrong With That?.

Less Portions, Healthier Choices Is Key. And Maybe A Little Bit Of Reasonable Fasting.

Hmm?.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Beat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:dog: :chipmunk: :dog:

1 Like

I was well padded when I was overweight and it did not hurt to bump into things like it does now. Just something negative about losing weight. The Bahai’s fast in the spring - from sunrise to sunset. But, since I am elderly, I don’t have to - for which I am grateful. I’m not as flexible as youth.

That Is An Interesting Fact. A Little While Ago, I Spent Two Month’s Without One Bite. Nothing But Drinks. And!, No Alcohol. And One Day, My Case Manager & My Therapist Came Out To See Me. My Collarbones Were Slightly Exposed. And One Of The First Things My Case Manager Asked Was, ‘Are You Eating’?. My Therapist Laughed, And I Smiled And Said, ‘Not Much’. And Of Course My Case Manager Finished That Quick Mini Health Introduction, With, ‘You Need To Eat More’. And She Wasn’t Laughing. Which Makes Me Laugh Right Now.

But!, I Might Check Into The Bahai’s Fasting Methods. To Be Honest I Hate Doing Anything Like Anyone Else. But!, Ancient Methods Are Still Here For A Reason. So There’s Always That.

Keeps It Cools @chordy!.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Beat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:dog: :chipmunk: :dog:

yeah they can just go run around some more.

1 Like

Well when you are a teen you may be helped by a growth spurt. Otherwise it depends. If a teenager is eating nothing but salty and sugary products then they should change what they eat. But they probably shouldn’t lower the amount of what they eat.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.