I don't really have friends anymore

I also don’t have any friends and if that comforts you, even normal people don’t have real friends.

Yeah it is difficult to be isolated. If I go out once to a bar, people might assume I’m there every day but someone walked up to me yesterday and said “don’t let them break you down, that’s what they want so dont give it to them, dont freak out” etc. and it’s hard, I mean I was honest with people about the schizophrenia, and people were nice about it. Then I had all this stuff stolen, and people really do take advantage of us when people think we’re crazy or just explosive, but constantly push buttons and try to get me to cave. It’s making me feel very horrid. I mean, my dad said apparently this other case I shouldnt have been involved into since I had no involvement for one, and I volunteered a testimony to help the fam deal well now these people are looking for people to blame and it’s corrupt. I’m tired of this. Like I wanted to do good things and help people now I’m just effing depressed and I mean everything I do is out in the open all the time, on the internet so I feel like I have to present myself as I am, because people either contradict the facts of what I do or say, or make up bs gossip rumors. Surveillance doesn’t work for this reason but it’s like people are like its not gonna stop its not gonna stop, maybe the answer is that if FB and social media is THIS intrusive, if you can’t talk to people without feeling your privacy and personal safety is threatened, then maybe we should find another way to communicate than by the internet etc. but some people this is their only source of communication because the outside world is hostile too and it helps to make friends and connect to a semblance of community, as if. Like does anyone respect privacy or the law I feel so on edge like is it just me or has the world itself gotten a bit out of balance.

I had that problem when i was on Risperdal. I was on that medicine for 13 years. If your on that one u need to get off of it and on to something else that’s better for u. U do want to b sociable and make new friends. Trust me, i didn’t want to go anywhere unless i had to while i was on Risperdal. Now I’m sitting at home with a broken foot and no one is visiting me. Not work friends or family and i don’t know anyone else cause i wasn’t sociable when i should’ve been. Not even any women. That sucks when your relatives that u, or in my case, me, are out of town and your feeling like having a little bit of fun if u get what I’m saying. Get out and meet someone. Sure some people are going to b a as5#*le to u but don’t let that change your mind about being sociable and meeting someone. I would try to get out and meet someone but i feel like I’m the as5#*le. In my life around where i live , its like they are expecting me to start the conversation but its probably not going to happen because of all the years of staying at home and not socializing. I lack some social skills that other people have cause of this and I’m wanting to get in a relationship but not to b too serious like getting married but i don’t see how this is going to happen because i hardly ever start a conversation. Nobody else is starting one with me either

I used to have no friends either… especially when I was feeling depressed and socially withdrawn.
But I thought I was lucky… cos I didn’t need to use my energy for any friends.
I was too tired and didn’t have much evergy left for hanging out with friends anyway.

Now I’m feeling much better and have 2 friends. I have enough energy for them also.

I lost a lot of friends when I became ill via self isolation etc

Some (if any) contact with these people I once considered friends is limited to liking posts on facebook every now and then

I have some friends I made at uni that I interact with more but since moving away I have less contact (uni was 300 miles away, I moved back in with my family).

I have become friends with some people I work with but even then it feels like they are my only ‘actual’ friends

I am not so bothered- I am not overtly social however I am proud and I do not like to think of people looking down on me as having no friends… whereas in reality they probably don’t even notice how unsociable I am and it’s all in my head