I don't like confrontations

I shy away from arguments and fights. I’ve never been in a fistfight. I get scared when people get angry. My boss yells and throws papers around and it makes me want to hide. Anyone else feel this way? Or am I too sensitive?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m like that. I’ve been in several fistfights but I lost them all. Everybody I work with has a bad temper.

I’m the same way. I think it’s because of my social anxiety. The only fights I’ve been in were with my brothers growing up.

a brave and wise person walks away from confrontation.
take care

3 Likes

I don’t even know how to fight back. I just cave in to pressure and let the other person win. I am kind of meek, and I don’t like it when people get mad at me. It makes me scared they’re going to hurt me.

I don’t like confrontations either. I feel emotionally overwhelmed when there’s an argument between people and want to run away. I remember once when my husband was fighting with his mother I ran away upstairs into the bathroom and cut myself, because I believed I was to blame for it.

I have said it a lot, I am a lover, not a fighter. I run from fights too. Oddly enough, as much as I hate them, I find myself in the middle a lot.

If there is yelling, I leave. I got into fights when I was a younger man and heavily drinking. But these days, I would rather leave.