I don't know what's happening to me

First, hello everyone. I’m new here.

Well, the thing is this, I don’t know what is happening to me. And I’m afraid to search for the answer, tbh.

Since I was a kid I hear voices when there is silence. It never bothered me, because they don’t talk to me. It’s like staying at the door to hear the people walking and talking around. I hear like parts of conversations that have no sense to me with different voices. My fiancé says it’s just people talking too loud in other places or an echo of something I heard before.

The thing is, I started to hear another voice. Like, it is my voice but it isn’t. It always says bad things and it bothers me because it’s my mental voice, but it’s like I don’t control it. And thanks to that, I’m failing at everything. Because it always starts “haha, we both know you will not end that work, you can’t, you are not capable” and at the end the voice is right. I only can succeed when I don’t hear it. I try to ignore it, but I end failing at everything after listening to it. I started to be afraid of it. And it is my own mental voice! I lost my career some years ago and I had to start it again in another university. But now I’m hearing it again and failing again…

I don’t know if it’s something wrong with my mind, or just stress, or if it is some protein deficit. I have anemia… I don’t know.

What do you think?

1 Like

Not sure what a diagnosis would be but it’s def a sign of sz , Sza, or just psychosis. Voices like you describe can become very intrusive and get worse with out medication. I suggest you see a pdoc asap and get some meds and a diagnosis

2 Likes

It just sounds like schizophrenia. You should see a psychiatrist before it gets any worse.

2 Likes

@Lea

First, welcome.

No one on these forums is a psychiatrist, so I recommend seeing a psychiatrist for a diagnosis. That said, it may be an auditory hallucination or low self-esteem.

I encourage you to keep posting.

1 Like

There are many illnesses that could cause these hallucinations, therefore it is mandatory to see a doctor to rule out things and get the right diagnosis and treatment.

1 Like