I don't know what is going on at McDonald's, but I like it

So I eat a lot of McDonald’s and it probably shows. In addition to the tasty convenient fast food, the people who work there are really nice. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this lately but at my local franchise, the people who serve me call me things like “friend,” and “love.” Is this clever marketing or maybe they just recognize me?

4 Likes

Well I was at McDonald’s the other day. I did not get called love or friend. But I did get slow service. I had to stand and wait 10 minutes for my chicken mcnuggies

1 Like

@anon12381882 I am sorry you didn’t receive good service. I didn’t want to get too deep but I just appreciate their kind words in these trying times. I know that I will be back anyway but I appreciate the people who work at my local McDonald’s. They are nice.

3 Likes

I ordered from there twice in one day via skip the dishes. I really like their coffee, the food was pretty good too.

I get alot of trust from my nearby 711 since i go every day. Its nice not being watched while i look at the candy or get my drink refilled.

They mustve noticed you and see you as a good customer.

1 Like

Their coffee is surprisingly good. I allowed myself to have one last month. Much better than the slop served at Timmies.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly

1 Like

There used to be this boutique coffee roaster in St. Albert, AB called St. City Roasters. We found their Alberta Breakfast Blend in the Italian Shop about a decade back. It was so good that my initial reaction was, “oh my God, they managed to squeeze a multiple orgasm into a coffee cup!” Best coffee I’ve ever had. I nearly cried when they went under.

The cof-fay at McDonalds reminds me of that lost blend. So good.

3 Likes

And dirt cheap. I will say that Tim’s steeped tea is awesome

2 Likes

Theres this lady at at Arby’s who calls everyone sweetie and honey. I find it annoying, but I know she means well. It just seems to be a tad bit inappropriate.

When I worked in healthcare they drilled it into our heads not to use pet names like dear, love, sweetie, or honey when talking to your patients. Especially older patients. Maybe that’s why those names make me uncomfortable?

I’m not super offended by it, after all I’ve been called a whole lot worse than sweetie.

1 Like

Why do you get watched?

@Later_Gator. When I worked at a fast food restaurant (Hardee’s) we weren’t allowed to use pet names either.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.