I don't know if I can work

Hello, I’m new to the forum, I have schizoaffective disorder, I’m 22 years old and I’ve never worked, I have the paranoia of thinking that all the neighbors near my house want to kill me, I was diagnosed when I was 16 years old, I have a lot of anxiety about leaving home, my father takes me to the doctor, I take 5 medications like Haldol, valproate, propranolol, biperiden, + fluoxetine for depression, should I take a benefit?

4 Likes

Welcome.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788, @Moonbeam, @rogueone, @Bowens, @Jonathan2, and @voithos

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like

Welcome :hugs:

Yes take the benefits and search for your passion

Hi! I’m a 30 year old female, happily married (yes it’s possible), disabled (I get a monthly check) I was diagnosed at 22 years old got disability at 27 years old… I think… How old was I in 2020?? I don’t have the patience to figure that out ATM but I was either 26 or 27. I went off meds at 24 and went nuts so please remember to take and or fight urges to discontinue meds

When I went for disability I was at first denied I then got a wins only lawyer who took my case because I would get it easily and come on 11 jobs in 2 years is a lot

Anywho welcome! Enjoy your stay here!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Welcome to the forum.:hibiscus:

I was denied disability pension twice.
Thankfully I have it now.

If you go on pension you can see if you are able to volunteer work .

I couldn’t volunteer work.
People don’t like me and i don’t go well with people is why I can’t volunteer or work.

Good wishes to you.:pray:t4:

1 Like

For now, take benefits if its available. It sounds like you are still suffering from symptoms given what you have described.

Welcome. Good luck. Here is to good health.

Welcome ! :slight_smile: Lots of hugs. You will get better

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.