I don't have schizophrenia anymore, WHY?

I’m truly happy to hear that your sz is in remission, but I wouldn’t quit taking your med’s or anything like that without a doctor’s approval. Even then, it is still a risk coming off your med’s. I know that from personal experience. My advice is to enjoy this situation for all it is worth.

Yeah I understand what you’re saying. I haven’t took meds in 6 - 7 months. And honestly they never really did much for me except for help me sleep. My brain needed to recover. I took them for about a year and a half.

open dialogue therapy… sz don’t know what to make of the ■■■■ in our head… but most of the time it’s the topics people don’t want to touch on

Thanks for sharing your story … me personally need to hear more about people recovering as I heard its quite common but I dont meet people that do and dont really see it on this forum … my dream is to recover and be medication free and that what keeps me going.
Fareplay to you enjoy your freedom.
does who see the darkness see a great light.
peace.

From experience, keep taking your medicine.

1 Like

Did you go on meds?

I think schizophrenia leaves a big hole in your brain that never goes away. Even if you say your cured you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep taking your meds and please whatever you do not eat too much produce

1 Like

Why should they not reproduce…

It’s a complicated discussion and I don’t want to sound opinionated. But, what it boils down to is passing this illness on to a child. In certain cases where the illness was exascerbsted by drug use or other factors, but if you have hereditary schizophrenia I think it’s unfair to give that to your kid.
Not to sound like hitler but coming from someone who has experienced psychosis a handful of times. I think it’s unfair to pass on

I guess I thought I was cured once. I had a doctor give me a clean bill of health twice actually and take me off my meds because I was asymptomstic. Both times I suffered catastrophic relapses and had to be hospitalized. I remember the second time the doctors told me that I didn’t have sza I celebrated for months, got really fit, found a girlfriend, got a job, bought a whole new wardrobe etc. it was the most heartbreaking thing when I relapsed after about a year of thinking I was a normal person. That’s why stories like this one make me cringe.

I don’t believe in miracles anymore basically

Breeding is kind of a ■■■■ show anyway…everyone runs some risk of passing on things they would have rather kept…this is an argument we should save for a rainy day though…

Yea I know. There are a lot of things that could go wrong besides sz. I don’t know. In this day and age they’ll probably be able to prevent it before it gets started if it even does.

me2 remission 6 years…

1 Like

My 2 siblings and I all have sz. We are all happily married and all have 2 kids each. We’ve recovered well and if any of our kids get it they have lots of support. My kids are learning about the illness and the triggers that are out there. There are Many kids that end up frying there brains on drugs. I feel my kids have, a better chance than most kids, at a good life because of the way they are loved and educated about life despite my illness.

Enjoyed hearing your story and don’t see anything wrong with the fact that healthy relationships help heal. I have a similar story ,but will never go of my meds.

That’s great, I would say definitely educate them about the dangers of drugs. Had I known there was a link between drug use and developing sz, even smoking pot, I may have lived a completely different life and would not be struggling with a psychotic disorder today.

1 Like