I don't have any close friends

I have a few close friends. People who I’ve known for like 25+ years. I don’t normally have trouble making new friends, but I have a tough time keeping them. My therapist likes to remind me that friendships require reciprocity. I guess because I’m on the spectrum I don’t do a great job of letting people know that I would still like to be friends.

2 Likes

I am right there with you. I don’t talk to anyone, except maybe my Dad. :fox_face::fox_face::fox_face:

1 Like

I have one non-family friend; we’ve known each other since about age 7. My youngest brother is my friend. My husband is my best friend. And Hubby’s older sister is my friend, but not that close.

I rarely talk to my childhood friend, my youngest brother, or my sister-in-law, though. Just here and there. But when we do talk, it’s like no time has passed.

3 Likes

Me and my youngest brother are good friends too.

He is probably the one I’m closest to in my family.

Even with a ten year age gap.

He is 23 or 24.

I am 33.

We also don’t actually interact much.

2 Likes

I communicate daily with my mother, father, sister and cousin. Besides that I have some close friends but we only meet up a couple times a year.
I also chat with fellow volunteers and with class mates when I follow a language course.

That’s my social life. But I’m an introvert so it’s okay.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m an introvert or extrovert tbh.
How is your holiday in Spain going?

2 Likes

It rained cats and dogs the first 2 days. Today it was the first dry day. I posted some pics in the P is for pinguin topic.

Tomorrow I’m going to visit Murcia.

I’m afraid we won’t have sun the entire week. I’m trying to make the best out of it.

2 Likes

Long story short, people have come into my life and drifted away, most recently (20 years) I was abusive and lost them. I don’t think I’ll be mean with the next person in my life no matter who they are. Unless they smell, I hate that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.