Schizophrenia.com

I don't feel that I'm my self sometimes!

I bump into my posts here at the forum and I get a weird feeling where I look at my avatar and my posts and say I didn’t write that or think that someone else have hacked my profile and started writing instead of me ! but I recall that I wrote the post, but I don’t feel like it was me…weird and contradicting…
I get that feeling sometimes when I look at my hand and I don’t recognize it, or can’t recognize my self in the mirror, or my parents, those things don’t happen all the time just when I’m psychotic.
Do you feel like that sometimes ?

No. Never. That’s a very odd thing to feel isn’t it. Although saying that when I’ve been psychotic my beliefs have been amazingly weird! Xxx

1 Like

It is weird to be freaked out from my self, or from my parents…sometimes when I’m with some friend there comes a moment where I say "crap ! where am I, what am I doing by hanging out with this person !! " but I calm my self and get to feel normal again, I don’t lose memory before or after just in the second of that weird feeling then everything gets back flowing normally.

1 Like

i get feelings like that but personally for me it is just being tired all the time.
i go to the fridge and open it up and look at the light beaming from inside and wonder why i opened the fridge! why am i standing here!
take care

1 Like

people have told me I have said something and I have no memory of saying it or I think maybe I said it in a different reality then I’m from and when I go to sleep I wake up in a slightly different reality and my family isn’t the same family that I grew up with. I still feel like I’m waking up in a different reality/universe every day and besides nature I’m the only thing that doesn’t change.

I do a lot of writing and will go back and read it and have no idea who wrote it. Did I wake up in a place that replaced my notepad with one a different version of me wrote? Stuff like that a lot.

1 Like

I wish I had those moments more. I always feel like I’m stuck in one place, and if I don’t think or narrate thoughts in my head with consistency then I tend to get swallowed in the silence. But I’m trying to figure out how to stay myself while letting go and enjoying life more. I look back on my old poetry and I notice the changes, typically just a shift in mood. But on this one news article I was subscribed to. I kept commenting then forgetting I commented, lol, and completely contradicting myself. I looked back and I’m like woah I’m saying like three different things every few weeks. I was subscribed to this article about schizophrenia, and I kept reading it and forgetting I commented. Once when I was on my medication and once when I was off it. I am a lot angrier and irrational off the medication lol.

1 Like

I reread my posts occasionally, and wonder too.
Now my notebooks, I know they have been hacked and rewritten.
Somethings you just don’t put in print!

2 Likes

i feel the same a lot.

i think something coexist with me. sometimes i have an answhere ready too write.
yet when i think about it later on it has some irony/layers/ deeper meanings too it that i didnt know
at the time of writing.

1 Like