Schizophrenia.com

I dont feel alert after sleeping 12 hours

Whats wrong with me? Depressed?

I find for myself that 12 hours is too much. When I sleep that long I feel groggy the next day.

2 Likes

So you dont feel groggy when u sleep less then that?

If I get less than 6 hours, I don’t feel good, 8-9 hours seems to be perfect for me, that’s when I feel most awake

1 Like

If you have a really hard time, you could have something called dysania. This means you simply can’t get out of bed for about 1 to 2 hours after you wake up. Doctors don’t recognize it as a medical condition, as it is not an official diagnosis. But if you experience it, you know it can be a serious problem

Living with depression is hard, no matter what symptoms you’re experiencing. Sometimes, just the act of getting out of bed can seem like such a major hurdle that you’re not sure how everyone does it every day.

I get sluggish if I sleep too long. 7-8.5 hours has me rested.
If you feel the need to sleep longer without feeling rested, there’s a chance you have poor sleep quality.
Do you take meds before bed? If I take seroquel before sleeping I sleep for 12 hours and feel hungover.

1 Like

If I sleep more than 9-10 hours it is too much and I feel less alert.

Also taking ap’s, especially high doses makes me sluggish and it’s hard to get out of bed…motivational problem maybe. Drugs make me apathic and groggy.

1 Like

I take all meds on night, zyprexa mirtazapine and zopiclone.

10 hours is a good amount for me, but I usually do 11 or 12

1 Like

Time to pump yourself with caffeine. Without caffeine, I sleep 24/7. With caffeine I sleep 9h/day which is at night. I only take Risperdal and have no sleep issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.