I dont believe doctors anymore

They have been treating me with pills for 3 years now and nothing gets better, I just keep on getting more symptoms, side effects never go away either. Its like everything they told and keep telling me is a lie and head shaking, in blind agreement as someone agrees with insane person so he could just ■■■■ off.
If I do something right then “oh its your pills babe”, if I do something wrong “oh its your mental illness”. What is even myself? Is theres something of myself in me not schizo- and not pill- related?

1 Like

It takes time, It took me 10 years to even come to this forum to speak out like you.

One of my idiot pdocs yelled at me in my first ward visit. He’s retired now. I hope he chokes. Get a new pdoc. I’ve gone through caseworkers. I don’t believe any of them and their ■■■■ anyway hugs.

1 Like

@roxanna that’s horrible! I’ve had a pdoc laugh in my face before, as I was explaining my delusions

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that nothing has improved for you. Have you tried the injectable form yet? Or maybe a change of doctors is in order?

As for how much of yourself is responsible, I always say it’s up to you and your doctor to decide that. I’ve sometimes had other people lecturing me about what my problem was, and that was horrible. It’s not their place to do that. I’ve got a whole row of self-help books, but they can’t get rid of the voices (because the illness isn’t a character flaw). They’ve given me some coping methods, and I’ve overcome some bad habits (which is a character issue), but they’re only a different kind of treatment, not a cure.

2 Likes

Hugs. Yeah they can be mean.

1 Like

I’ve encountered that too.

It’s a valid and good question!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.