I dislike people easily sometimes

if i get an unsure strange feeling about someone

i lean towards dislike, sometimes

it is a self protection mechanims

in case i get hurt

i got hurt a time ago and it killed me for a long long time, years and years maybe 20 years

6 Likes

I hope you don’t get hurt like they again. You seem like a nice person. :frog::frog::frog:

1 Like

it is not as easy for me to get hurt like that again cos i don’t open my heart like that anymore, as far as i am aware

2 Likes

I’ve been in 2 very long term relationship and several short term ones, and I’ve been hurt real bad too. It took me years to really get over it. It makes it hard to believe it won’t happen again. Because all my other relationships ended, I think to myself what would make a new one so special. But when you remain closed it can push the other person away and they then feel like you are not interested, dooming that relationship.

It’s hard when someone you love leaves you. It’s also hard to break up with someone that loves you because you hurt them and you know what they must be feeling, I’ve been on both sides of this dichotomy.

Relationships can be hard, almost impossible when you look at the statistics. Almost half of marriages end in divorce, another large portion remain together for various reasons (kids, finances, religions, etc…) but are miserable. I don’t know a lot of relationships I envy. I know I complain on this site about being rejected by women after I tell them I have schizophrenia and sometimes I really miss having a girlfriend but other times I concentrate on all the benefits to being single too.

As for the general population, I get along fine with most people. It’s rare for me to dislike people but there are a few that bug me. As for women, I love them, but I don’t want to get hurt like I did before, it takes me a while to trust them, but there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me to remain guarded.

1 Like

May your past wounds heal

4 Likes

i think they have healed to a good degree.

it is just healthy to remain guarded

for me that sometimes equates to disliking a person

i know i seem terrible :japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

I thought you were in your early 20’s

1 Like

I’m 32 years old.

WHAT?!?! :open_mouth: I thought you were like 21 or 22. You look very youthful. I mean that as a compliment. :slight_smile:

I used to be that way, afraid to open up. But when I found my husband, I did open up, because I loved him so much.

I hope you are able to open up again. Opening up lets you feel the best emotions, and hopefully no bad emotions. Just gotta wait for the right person. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m exactly the same @Zoe . When I was younger people often told me I didn’t have enough reason to dislike someone and they would dismiss my feelings. But as I got older I feel like my judgements are pretty solid.

I think some of us are just less tolerant of others. We probably have stronger morale rules and stronger senses of justice.

I know for me how someone speaks is really important. Its not their opinion, but actually how they put their opinion across and communicate it. You can disagree with me on virtually everything and still be my friend if you don’t put it across in a demeaning way you know?

You’re right it probably is a defence mechanism. Shutout the people who hurt you on a small scale, so they can’t hurt you on a bigger scale.
I think its best to just register you distrust them, and distance them from you mentally.

1 Like

could not have put it better myself , well said :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t like this about myself but I typically don’t like people when I first meet them. It takes awhile before I warm up to a person and begin to see they’re not so bad and don’t have a hidden agenda. I’m always think people are out to get something.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.