I could just cry. I wish I would

Each day we wait for a phone call from employers that Angela has applied for…it’s been four months now without many calls…she got one last week but she couldn’t drive the distance to get the job. we both decided to wait for another chance. I am so tired of being poor. we eat canned pork and beans as a main staple to get by on. we have breakfast of eggs and toast and next week I am going to get some bacon for BLT’s. look forward to that. No one will help us in our families…I get so down…

Sorry to hear that jukebox. Are there any food pantries in your area?

1 Like

thanks @Moonbeam we’ve already visited the food pantries in our town and they won’t help you but every three months…now I am crying.

1 Like

That sounds like a very difficult situation. Do you have community social services available in your town or in your county?

Maybe you can go to the Red Cross or have a meal at a soup kitchen. I’m sure churches or other organizations have meals. @jukebox

I’m sorry you are going through this. Please let me know what you find.

2 Likes

Sorry you have to go through this, I went through it a few time, remember on time it was 2 eggs a day, plus got sick on some food from the food bank. One need to eat to keep up with the stress so it a terrible circle. Hope they can get you some food fast.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’re hurting so, jukebox. Do you have any friends or relatives that could help? I’d be willing to help if I was near enough. I have a lot of money on my SNAP benefits card.

1 Like

Maybe a church will help. With fall can you get any free produce from people who have big gardens?

1 Like

thanks everyone…we will be fine I guess…I just got a money order for $80 in the mail today. was from of my friends I knew in florida…thanks crimby that is awful generous of you to say.

I guess next month we will try the churches. thanks.

2 Likes

Can you try to do some honorary work as you guys are waiting for the feedback? Waiting for others to help sucks so much. I know how its like to be broke.
Think about maybe a dog walking…doing the garden…those types of jobs. You can search the internet to see what people can do in your situations.
I’m sure there is a way out!

Sending hugs to you and Angela :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Sorry about your current situation, jukebox. Can you do some freelance job online ? Like typing or writing?
If you want to cry, just cry . It can help you to release your stress.

1 Like

maybe you could busk

kind of think you need to man up dude… there has to be something you can do to make two or three hundred dollars of income a month… that’s extremely part time ■■■■… collective 8 hours on your feet a week over two 4 hour shifts…

ain’t fun to be societies bitch and work in the service industry… but beggars can’t be choosers. You’d help your lady out by relieving the professional burden.

At your age you could consider working in a library or other legitimate jobs that don’t get handed down to the young’ns.

1 Like

I wish I could send you some money. :c

I only got $14 since my brother keeps using my money without my say so. I can’t save any.

As it is I’ve been depressed and unable to eat anyway. There’s an abundance of food here too since so many buy so much ugh.

@Genbu no worries dude…I don’t want anyone’s money…I will make it. we always do somehow.

I’m sorry, I know how it feels. My partner and I when we lived with my parents and brother ran out of food. A neighbor was kind enough to give us 20 of ravioli.

1 Like