I cheated on my diet today

I cheated on my cat today. Petted a neighborhood cat and gave him some food. My cats are angry and petulant.

But it’s okay. So what you had a bit of chocolate. Just don’t make it a daily habit and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Whole wheat pasta is better on blood sugar spikes, if you can tolerate it. It seems like a crime, but it does make a difference.

2 Likes

I was taking care of my husband today. He reinjured his already severely injured spine a couple days ago. He needed to go out but I need to be sure he’s ok. He doesn’t like to be cooped up in the house. So we went out and looked at some cars today. He’s starting to get better so I’m happy. How about you? Did you work out today?

3 Likes

Well, now you know. I think what you did, for the reason you did it, is understandable

1 Like

Lol! I used to have a cat who was the same way. Her fur would stand up if she smelled another cat on me and she would walk away and hate me until I showered. Haha!

1 Like

Instead of skipping lunch just go for a light walk in the park :blush:

3 Likes

Hey don’t be hard on yourself. A treat is okay every now and then… you are doing a really good job… it’s okay.

3 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that dang…that’s so sad I hope he heals up quickly. Blessing to you and your husband. Yea just getting around to it now. Better late then never. I might get some ankle weights and just wear them 24/7…seems like a good passive investment in weight loss

2 Likes

Seriously just had a large Frapuccino from Starbucks. Its much less sweet than Tim Horton’s though and I rarely do it and rarely go outside.

3 Likes

Just try not to associate negative emotions with food. That’s something not healthy to do. So try not to feel guilt or be bothered by it. It’s good to enjoy life and enjoy treats sometimes when you can here and there. Be at peace about it and don’t get emotional about it. That can trigger feelings of wanting to binge or starve yourself, which is also unhealthy.

1 Like

Had Salted Caramel Cold Brew today from Starbucks

1 Like

You know what I think is a good idea??.. Food is not really good or bad it’s just that some foods are unbalanced like chocolate is high in fat and sugar… If I ate too much chocolate I would just eat a bit of plain oatmeal right away which is full of fiber and has a low GI…and maybe take a shot of apple cider vinegar as well to lower the g.i. of the chocolate in my stomach to balance it out…

1 Like

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: sounds good lol my x always used to get caramel macchiatos like religiously lol hope it was good!

1 Like

It was really good. Starbucks is a once in awhile thing cus it is pricey. I love caramel macchiatos :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t feel comfortable asking rest of family to switch just for me. I’ll probably just have to eat something else when they have spaghetti.

Either that or fix it myself…

Thanks for the suggestion though, @oolaloola

Yes unfortunately, you’ll prolly need to cook for yourself sometimes. It’s worth it though, even if it doesn’t feel that way.

1 Like

Thanks @LunaNoir !

1 Like

Thanks @ThePoet . I appreciate that

1 Like

You’re so right. But honestly, I have a hard time not feeling guilty. I’ll work on it though. Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe some light walking to burn off the extra calories you ate?

1 Like