I cheated on my diet today

I ate a package of peanut M&Ms. I feel guilty now. I’m going to skip lunch.

9 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself @ZmaGal
It’s normal to cheat on your diet from time to time

6 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up. Maybe have a light lunch? I don’t think you should completely skip it :confused:

4 Likes

Thanks @Wave 15

1 Like

I’ll eat a Greek yogurt if I get too hungry to skip it.

3 Likes

If I posted every time I eat something I shouldn’t or more than I should, I would be spamming the forum :laughing:.

I think one time is going to be ok @ZmaGal . Maybe just try to make sure it doesn’t turn into a habit.

You’re better at this diet stuff than me though, so what do I know?

6 Likes

Lol! You’re right @Bowens

2 Likes

Loool I ate a bunch of bacon bits last night.dont feel guilty haha a bit of flexibility is good. Back on the horsey!

2 Likes

A package of M&Ms is barely 200 something calories. If you skip lunch and overeat at night you will be doing yourself more damage.

You can just forget about it. If you are on a diet I´m guessing you are at least 500 cal. under your maintenance. On the long run 200 calories doesn´t matter at all.

If you skip a meal you will mess with your hunger hormones.

2 Likes

Actually its okay to mess up sometimes on a diet.

It’s about the long run. One mess up does nothing.

But after you mess up you do have to or should skip or cut a portion.

I’m 8 mos into a diet - its no longer a diet - its permanent.

2 Likes

Hey, peanut m&m’s are tasty little critters. They have protein in them so it’s not a total waste of calories.

:upside_down_face:

And besides, when was the last time you had yourself a treat?

1 Like

Yup! That’s how I feel too!

1 Like

This is true. You’re right. Thanks.

1 Like

Honestly, a week ago I fit an ice cream into my calories so that’s what really makes me feel guilty. But I need to let it go and just get back on track. Thanks!

1 Like

A little skip like that might even be beneficial, because it might speed up your metabolism. I wouldn’t do that to excess, though.

1 Like

That’s true. But I plan to get back on track like you suggested.

1 Like

I cheated on my hotdogs diet today, had green beans instead.

4 Likes

Lol! Very funny @Aziz

1 Like

Was up all night making music so not getting around to working out until now. Did you do a session today? How did it go?

1 Like

Too be honest I somewhat cheated today as well. I had leftover spaghetti for lunch, which I suspected would raise my blood sugar. Sure enough, my blood sugar was 180 when I checked it about a half hour ago.

It was a bit of a test to see what I could get away with though.