I can't work and I'm a prisoner

I was disenrolled from SNAP or food stamps for missing an appointment. I’m behind six payments on a credit card because my dad took them and shredded them, and Capital One wouldn’t send me a replacement until finally agreeing today to send me a new card, when I’m about to be put into collections. My dad also said he’ll pay them once they send a bill. He’s shrugging off my situation. I live alone at the fam. house and everyone else moved out. My mom doesn’t want to sell the house, and the threat of losing the house is looming over her head. I’m not getting any financial support, the government refuses to help me. All I am told is I need to find a job I need to find a job I need to find a job without any ideas, direction or help. I can’t afford to finish college. I’m treated like an outsider and discriminated against all the time and lied about. No one is helping me, I’m saddling random debt I have no idea where it comes from. The healthcare industry is out for me. Everyone’s out for me. I’m depressed. When I take my medication all I feel is fatigued and I can’t work if I take medication. I don’t know what people expect. I can’t finish college, I cant afford anything extra for myself. My allowance was counted as income so I wouldnt get more than $40 a month in food stamps anyways and I had to work 80hrs a month to get $30 a month in food stamps but if I was paid they would’ve been cut off anyways. NO one is helping me and I’m just treated like a waste and I’m triggered and depressed. I have no resources. I’m trapped in my parents house and have no way out because I’m financially restrained by people and I’ve lost all hope. I had a job, but then the IRS tried to charge me $80 for a $30 payroll check for working half a day. I’m so confused. I get no extra money…no resources…nothing is mine and I have no way to exist.

2 Likes

maybe you can apply for welfare? that’s all I can think of at the moment…maybe have a yard sale?

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Do you have a doctor? If you live in the US you should qualify for Medicaid and social security.

I was selling my ebooks but amazon stole them and made a profit without giving me a single cent.

You can sue Amazon. Normally if you win, you will get a lot of money.

Sell your things on ebay. Use the money to pay off your credit cards. Call them and ask for a plan. When you’ve paid them off, get rid of them.
Call your city to find out if you can get on disability. Good luck!

I pray Lord you find a way and i pray that you dont make foolish and bad decisions in this struggle of yours

1 Like

Maybe you should start getting documented diagnoses from health care professionals that say you are disabled. Hit that hard. After you have done that you could get a lawyer to push your case for you. If you live in the U.S. they routinely turn down your first request, but you usually get it on the second try. You will probably have to give your social security back pay to your lawyer, but at least you will be on disability.

I empathize with you! I’m also trapped and trying to get benefits but they too just told me that the allowance I get puts me over the limit.

They suggested that I reapply should I start receiving less than 150 a month from my mother (I don’t think it was even that much, but I overguessed just to be on the safe side, big mistake). Can you sacrifice some of your allowance and have your dad write a letter saying that he can’t support you and that you’re at risk?

There is also expedited SNAP benefits for people who get less than 150 a month, so maybe try that (means you get snap asap)?

There’s that online application, plus you can request for the interview to be over the phone. Just make sure you upload letters/bank statements/ID’s to the website and then it’ll be super fast. I applied like Friday, got a call Tuesday, was interviewed and, had it not been for the excess allowance–would have gotten immediate foodstamps. Best of luck to you and keep going! Can you apply for section 8? Mention you’re disabled and they’ll take that into consideration.

If you go on SSI you can have your non-federal loan debts cancelled out by filing for “inability to pay due to disability.”

Here’s a quote from a link:

Your disability payments are automatically protected from being frozen or seized by creditors. Instead of simply not sending any more more payments to the credit card company, you should send a letter stating that you are dependent on disability income and unable to pay. Some banks automatically write off a debt when the debtor is placed on permanent disability.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/disablity-8000-debt-repayment-1294.php

1 Like

When I was at my most vulnerable, my society attempted to deny me even the most basic needs for living through intimidation, delay, and deceit.

On the other hand, I did meet an angel or two as i went through the mental health system.

I advise you to work on the relationships you already have, such as your relationship with your Father.

Jayster

1 Like

Hi Jayster, I’m trying but my dad doesn’t think I have a disability or that I can’t work. He also said he’ll pay for me to move out for a year and then he would cut me off, or stop giving me an allowance. I’m scared because I can’t figure out how to find a job, and I am suffering fatigue and depression constantly. I slept for the past three days and the house is getting messy again and I can’t seem to do anything about it. The medication I take makes me tired, but it makes me think more clearly. Maybe if I told him the medication makes me feel unable to work IDK…it’s not that I don’t want to work. But I’ve started getting really down plus my boyfriends mother is abusive to me and mean, and things are slowly getting to me.

Can someone delete this thread. I feel it is negative and I don’t want people feeling down because of this post. I’m sure things will get better.

Sorry @StarryNight … You know we are friends:)

Did you make $100 on Amazon kindle because they only pay you after you’ve made $100

Cheap I know

Thiefs

1 Like

NO I think someone stole my writings. I had one person say they submitted my writings to a library without me knowing. I also got an email that said I was part of this class action and I got $4.00 from it because they won. and I saw all my wriitngs on amazon and tons of places, old books, but I never got paid for any of them through lulu or amazon.

This might be something else though:

Your Credit from the Apple eBooks Antitrust Settlement Is Ready to Use

Dear Gabrielle,

You now have a credit of $4.71 in your Amazon account. Apple, Inc. (Apple) funded this credit to settle antitrust lawsuits brought by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books (eBooks). As a result of this Settlement, qualifying eBook purchases from any retailer are eligible for a credit. You previously received an email informing you that you were eligible for this credit. The Court in charge of these cases has now approved the Apple Settlement. If you did not receive that email or for more information about your credit, please visit www.amazon.com/applebooksettlement.

You don’t have to do anything to claim your credit, we have already added it to your Amazon account. We will automatically apply your available credit to your purchase of qualifying items through Amazon, an Amazon device or an Amazon app. The credit applied to your purchase will appear as a gift card in your order summary and in your account history. In order to spend your credit, please visit the Kindle bookstore or Amazon. If your account does not reflect this credit, please contact Amazon customer service.

Your credit is valid for one year and will expire after June 24, 2017, by order of the Court. If you have not used it, we will remind you of your credit before it expires.

Thank you for being a Kindle customer.

The Amazon Kindle Team

Settlement ID Number:

ohhhh plagiarism?

That’s awful!

What class action was it? They should give you details, that way you know who was behind it. You can sue them directly and demand a “cease and desist” to anyone carrying that ebook.

I got an ebook published by an erotica publisher back in 2010 and i got 125 down plus royalties…the thing is I never got any royalties. I wrote them. I even sent them a link to my paypal account (was tired of being subtle). They said they had to pay for the “advertising and model” on the cover. the ebook sold on amazons in different countries, plus the publisher’s website. They sold copies, I got zero cents and finally they discontinued it, eventually selling their business to someone else who changed the name…such a shady business.

My sympathies!! Don’t stop writing, though, there are (or will be) plenty of better opportunities for you!

2 Likes

they only pay after you make 100? what happens if you only sell 45$ worth?

That seems illogical. There should always be a “cash-out” button.

Geeze, reading this thread made me want to start selling erotica on amazon, until I saw this quote. Now, I don’t know.

Is selling on amazon a means to eke out a tiny living? I’d be happy just getting enough for groceries…

I miss writing. I used to write every day. I am interested in writing an anthology of short stories, possibly more erotica. It’s the one type of writing I got feedback on from a publisher (as opposed to my literary fiction and poetry that no publisher gave feedback for) and that I feel comfortable churning out on a regular basis.

Now, I am curious to hear people’s experiences with Amazon’s kindle direct publishing. tempted to self publish. i’m so broke right now…two bucks for a collection of short erotic stories sounds good to me right now…tempted…

@StarryNight I got this, too. I thought it was for my purchases of other people’s ebooks. Was it not??? EDIT: checked out the link provided::

To be eligible, you must have had a U.S. billing address and must have purchased a Kindle book published by Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin or Macmillan between 4/1/10 and 5/21/12.

Yeah I’ve made like $20 on my book. I thought I’d at least get a small check but no I looked into it and u gotta make $100…and they only give you 35% of each sale…supposedly you can get 70% but it never let me pick that option…it’s confusing

Self publishing is hard!

2 Likes