I can't stop making negative comments about myself

Like I had trouble tapping in on a tablet and I remarked “I must be a cold person.” just because sometimes if your hands are cold the tablet doesn’t respond.

My provider says it’s because I’m still insecure. I think she’s right.

Start surrounding yourself with ppl who will uplift you. Believe it or not, this helps. Also, go look at yourself in the mirror, and say positive things to yourself daily.

1 Like

The people at the gym are very positive. I usually am negative to a mirror although I like my last haircut. I’m also not fat anymore. These are physical things though. My negativity is usually about the emotional. I’ll work on it.

2 Likes

You need supportive and uplifting ppl who appreciate you. Each day, I speak with my family and we tell each other what we need and love about one another. Or we will share a positive experience caused by the other. Even if we’re repeating the same thing daily. We need that reminder. We each have a purpose. I understand everyone’s different, so what works for me, may not work for you. I hope it gets better :hugs: I do know that your participation is appreciated on this forum!

1 Like

I write better than I speak. I guess there’s something quiet and secretive about writing. I have to tackle my voice. I think it’s because my Dad had a thick accent. I am vocally negative or shy.

2 Likes

I actually have a family I adore, who is like you. He says, I tell him positive things bc we’re family. I wish he actually saw how great of a person he is. Good luck!

1 Like

My dad was from Mexico and he had a very thick accent too. It was so thick that people could barely understand him. But he spoke, read and wrote English fluently nonetheless.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.