I Can't Stand It When

My grandma is a professional complainer about everything under the sun from cafe food to politics to dirt on the road. I put up with it because she’s always been there for me but if some people aren’t complaining they aren’t talking. I understand if a person complains due to illness or something though.

:joy:

2 Likes

yep I know the type! and I know a few people like that. complain if its good complain its bad complain anything in between :smile:

2 Likes

When I worked for AT&T in the call center it was amazing how many times a day I would think to myself, wtf does this have to do with your cellphone? Haha! People are just plain nuts MI or not.

4 Likes

My mom complains a lot. I inherited the tendency to do so and had to work hard to stop doing it. She’s famous for saying “we’re never going to eat here again” if we go to a restaurant and the waiter doesn’t do a PERFECT job of treating us like we’re royalty.

3 Likes

I’m pretty happy if the waitstaff says hello and stops by once after they serve us our food to check on us otherwise I’m pretty easy to please.

2 Likes

At my old church we bussed in about 50 kids from the projects for Sunday church. We always fed the kids breakfast and lunch. One kid was complaining about his food. I said “What are you complaining about? It’s free!” It wasn’t gourmet (Ramen noodles) but the kids went home not hungry. We had to go cheap to be able to feed 50 kids.

4 Likes

Yea some ppl its in their nature to complain too much and be very picky.

1 Like

Are you sure my dad and your mom aren’t related? Here’s one I hear from dad all the time:
“You should have bought that at Aldi’s”

1 Like

Oh man if we actually did what she said, we would never eat out again. She’s said that at literally every restaurant.

My personal fave restaurant of all time is Outback Steakhouse. They have this off-menu dessert item called the spotted dog sundae, which is basically vanilla with oreos. I prefer the chocolate thunder from down under these days though. We always go there to celebrate. The salads are awesome too.

I’ve only ever seen one Aldi’s in my life and I didn’t go inside. I think they had coin operated carts.

1 Like

Aldi is a lot cheaper than other groceries.

We haven’t eaten at my favorite middle eastern restaurant for years cos my dad said the food (a buffet) didn’t taste fresh. Yeah maybe the chicken was a little off once but the people there are so friendly. I just don’t eat the chicken that day.

1 Like

I will run people over in a grocery store because of anxiety. So I hate when people get in my way. I take it easy when check out time is there.

2 Likes

ah very nice. my parents church does sandwiches for the homeless once a month they bring 100s of sandwiches down to various locations downtown. My dad said some people complain like ‘aw man peanut butter??? i dont want no peanut butter sandwich., ya got anything with meat?’ I get it there probably tired of eating peanut butter sandwiches.

1 Like

My bi-tching point is when people say “It is what it is.” No kidding? What else would it be, otherwise it would not be is.

Slow drivers in the left lane, and people who don’t respect my time and are late. Gawd how I hate late people.

2 Likes

https://the-big-bang-theory.com/quotes/quote/10030/

" Penny: I did, and he said he’ll get here when he gets here.
Sheldon: And you’re frustrated because he phrased his reply in the form of a meaningless tautology?"

3 Likes

My frustrations mainly revolve around public transport these days. Like the people who get out of the bus and then just stand in front of the bus doors and look around or check their phone while people are trying to get out and in.
Or the people who start trying to push their way into the bus while people are still leaving it. Uh hello, the bus driver is most likely not gonna drive on without you?

Or or or, I know this is a repeat offender, but it REALLY grinds my gears when people take up a lot of space and walk slowly in the middle of the path, especially if it’s somewhere you can’t easily pass them, like the sidewalk of a busy street or a grocery store supermarket.
Like yeah it’s great that you wanted to bring your five dogs and eight full shopping bags, but could you please at least not walk in the middle so others, who have somewhere to be, can get to that somewhere TODAY?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.