I cant focus?

My doctor stopped the depot injection
Now i cant focus in book i read at all
Anyone can help me ?

I can’t stay focused for any length of time or stay motivated on tasks or projects. I wonder if this is why I don’t remember things I have read. My group we are going to talk about skills that might help.

Honestly talk to your doctor, if you can focus for any length of time make a little list on your phone and bring it up, sometimes you can email them too and talk to your doctor that way.

It waxes and wanes for me. So far Vraylar has helped me.

Reading a book can be challenging, it has to be the right book. Your brain might need some healing time if you are switching meds. Try other activities that you can do solely and have inward thoughts towards. Instead of reading a book, look up your favorite songs lyrics, or design a poster with magazine cutouts, color in adult coloring books (they can get your mind to shift your thinking to patterns and order which are still forms of logic) if these suggestions don’t help, don’t give up. Just know your brain will compensate and find new ways to stay entertained when one doesn’t work

Confusion and a foggy mind can be signs of drug withdrawal. Also anxiety can cause concentration problems ultimately leading to lowered attention and analytical skills. In your case this may be rebound anxiety as most APs are tranquilizers and stopping them suddenly may cause arousal dysfunction.

Definitely talk to your pdoc and he might consider a gradual taper, pin point the root cause or prescribe something that helps.

Hey Rebel! Are you a doctor? Your profile pic would suggest as such.

I have one more year of clinical practice to go before calling myself one :grin:

1 Like