I cant find this site on Google

I tried to log on to this site via Google and it was no longer listed.
I had to go to the family forum, which is listed on Google and take a shortcut to the diagnosed forum from there.

Whats going on?

Does this mean that this site will be closing shop soon?

I hope not!

2 Likes

I just googled it and it was there but not the forum, just the way google is listing it, changes from time to time

1 Like

It’s been like this for a while, I don’t know what’s going on. It’s like Google took it out of the keyword search engine.

1 Like

It was on the first page for “schizophrenia forums” when I found it in August of last year

I just tested it, the Family and Caregivers forum associated with this site is entry number 2 from the top but this forum seems to be gone, at least from page one.

1 Like

The main search engine optimization for finding this site was the big ol’ “schizophrenia.com” that used to be on top of the forum. Now that that is gone, Google doesn’t know this is the main schizophrenia forum anymore.

2 Likes

It is bad news for outreach . . .

2 Likes

It is bad news.
I just hope that this doesnt mean the end for this wonderful place.

1 Like

It would be cool to hear from a mod about this

1 Like

Yeah I agree.
Considering it represents a major change for this forum.

@Moonbeam @Rhubot @Ninjastar @anon9798425

1 Like

You want to ask @SzAdmin. This is above our pay grade. I do agree that we should try to get back on there, to keep our traffic up.

3 Likes

Hopefully it is nothing. I don’t know what I would do without this forum. :camel::camel::camel:

1 Like

Using google UK

2 Likes

US Google had it listed fifth when searching schizophrenia forum.

Do we know for sure this is because of the discourse switch at the header as had been suggested? If so, I think dealing with less traffic vs not having a schizophrenia headed should be discussed.

Or not discussed. Because this isn’t a democratic forum. So talking about this seems pointless.

Not like we’re on the second page.

1 Like

When I type in forum schizophrenia, it no longer shows up.

I think if you search to much, google shows you different results, try a new browser or search engine

2 Likes

I just seached it on ducktogo and it was the top result

Schizophrenia Help & News for Families, Sufferers

schizophrenia.com

Schizophrenia Support Forums and in-depth Treatment and Recovery information for families and individuals dealing with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

But it’s the main site not the diagnosed forum site.

Thanks for moving this thread over to meta @Ninjastar.

1 Like

One word: Bookmarks.

1 Like

i think when i found the forum it was through schizophrenia.com
i cant remember tho

1 Like