I can't even begin to study the literature on PTSD and Schizophrenia

I can’t even… There’s just so much to digest. Do I have PTSD with psychosis or do I have schizophrenia? Does it matter? I googled the differences between the two and Google spit about a hundred scientific papers back at me. Being the scientifically minded person that I am, I want to read them but I just can’t. Too much to digest in ten sittings.

1 Like

I agree. Rise above labels. We are all just ■■■■■■ up.

1 Like

I personally believe schizophrenia is a result of trauma. It’s hard for me to believe anyone becomes schizophrenic without experiencing trauma. It’s a shame that schizophrenia is regarded as such a debilitating disease that no one wants to have it. I think if your treatment providers imply that you’re better than schizophrenics and that PTSD is a more acceptable diagnosis, then grab your chance. You’ll probably get better treatment because they see a better chance that you’ll recover. So many of us get labeled schizophrenic and written off by society. I’m glad that hasn’t happened to you. That doesn’t mean you can’t still visit this forum, I think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.