"I can't do this all on my own, I'm no superman"

As a schizophrenic, I have to do it all on my own. I think a lot of us do. So we’re all supermen according to this 12 second clip.

4 Likes

I’m not sure even superman could focus with schizophrenia. What I’ve learned is that schizophrenia is too hard, even for super heros .

5 Likes

Deadpool is a superhero with schizophrenia! The movie doesn’t go into all of that, but he has two main voices, and he suffers from the “delusion” that he is just a comic book character.

River Tam is another one, although I don’t know if she qualifies as a superhero. She is a government-trained assassin who escaped her facility and is on the run.

1 Like

I had a long time of believing I was River Tam acked like her in every way and it changed to being like her, up side I can dance a lot better now
Do oddly have things in common with Summer Glau as well did not help the feeling
Good show firefly if a bit odd for me now

2 Likes

I feel like I can relate a lot to River. I love the episodes that focus mostly on her struggles.

1 Like

Is Scrubs a cleaning show? :confused:

It’s about doctors in a hospital. But it’s a comedy.

how embarrassing? I feel so dumb right now? :frowning:

I’m going to go back to “the stupid thread”… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I am so lucky one of my brothers next oldest form me is my simon helps catch all the things I do before is blows up and if someone gets on him I can beat them up!

1 Like

I think I would be overwhelmed even if I was superman.

deadpool is an interesting super hero but the reason why he hears voices and has delusions is because he has tumors in his brain that regrow all the time and then they heal and regrow again.

1 Like

To a certain degree everything has to be done on oneself. Depending on what you want to achieve. In hospital i understand you work in a team as in other jobs too. I think you overwork yourself with the approach doing all yourself.

1 Like

I used to love that show Scrubs. Then the main character really got on my nerves and I started to hate him. I like all the supporting cast though!

1 Like

This really takes me back, i used to watch scrubs every summer night on basic cable with my siblings growing up. Those were the good simpler times.

2 Likes