I can't diet

I just looked them up, they’re a bit pricey. I’ll have to ask my boyfriend if I can get them cause he gets healthy choice, Lean cuisine and stoufers which is much more cheaper

What about Gatorade. That hydrates me

What do you mean by fresh chicken strips… Raw?

I heard cottage cheese has a sour taste

Cottage Cheese is one of my favorite foods. Some
people like it, others don’t. It’s worth a try.

Gatorade has too much sugar. It’s best to cut it out.

Perdue sells cooked grilled chicken in bags. It’s with the refrigerated chicken Nuggets, sausage, and hot dogs in the grocery store. You can add it to a salad, put it in tortillas with cheese and make a quesadilla, or dip it in dressing.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks

I already have a sandwich in mind. The grilled chicken on toasted bread with lettuce and ranch!

Do you just eat the chicken cold?

1 Like

@Winterblues

Mackerel in tomatosauce is good for dieting. Dunno if its common where u live but in Sweden almost every grocerystore has it.
U just eat it out of the can.

Or red lentils are great. U just boil them for some minutes and add some sauce when serving.

Keep it simple.

You need to exercise as well. It takes some planning but heaps of stuff online if you look in the right places.

Keep calories low. Avoid cheap food…cheap carbs, sugar. Eat enough protein to feel full. Don’t overeat. It’s hard but it’s doable.

Canned tuna in water
Eggs
Any veggies you like raw
Unsalted peanuts
Fruit you like
Multigrain bread (dempsters is my fave)

2 Likes

Hey @winterblues you dont need to diet. “Dieting” is not a thing which should be done. What we need is adequate nutrition. Not more than we need, not less. Our goal is that perfect amount and proportion. If we dont eat enough it will sustain for a few days or weeks until we snap and binge over a course of days and gain the weight back creating a cycle of "i lost 10 lbs, now i gained 10 lbs.

A body image should never be the goal because the body God gave us is the one were meant to have. I think we should eat what is right and if we lose or gain weight thats incidental

Try to make:
1/2 of your plate salad (spinach, mixed greens, arugala)
1/4 of your plate carbs (pasta, rice, rye bread etc.)
1/4 of your plate protein (beans, lentils, tofu, meat etc)

And than add a tablespoon or so of fats (butter, oil, dressing, sour creme etc)

Avoid salt
Avoid sugar
Avoid processed foods

And just remember:
“what goes up, must come down.”
If you under eat you’ll just eat more emotionally later because of the stress starvation causes, so its not worth it.

Contrary to popular belief drinking a lot of water does not help. It makes overeating more likely later.

Having 3 meals is good i find and having a cup of milk, fruit juice or water
This imo will lead to the most steady sustained lifelong body management

2 Likes

Instant soup I would think has a lot of sodium

Ok sorry nevermind

Try Morningstar Farms Black Bean Burgers. I eat them a few times a week. They are low calorie and they really fill me up. You put them in the microwave for a minute and they’re done. They are vegetarian if that is important to you. They sell them in the freezer section.

I second Amy’s Kitchen frozen meals. They are more expensive, but you can get one or two a week. I like the pesto tortellini a lot, it fills me up for only 450 calories.

For breakfast, I like Quaker Instant Oatmeal. I get the strawberries and cream variety, two packets is only 260 calories and it fills me up until lunch time.

I wouldn’t call it dieting either, just changing the way you eat.

2 Likes

Sounds delicious!! You can eat it cold or warm it up in the microwave!

1 Like

You can make a salad.

3 Likes

@1Dave Its not common!. Will have to look into lentils
@rogueone I exercise, but been slacking the past 2-3 weeks, gotta get back on the ball.
@FatMama You changed your name! I miss your old name because it sounded like bear and its what I knew you by! I cant eat any nuts. But the other suggestions are great. I ate a wheat sandwhich today, and a fruit smoothie.
@anon92887483 Thank you for taking your time and explaining this all to me, makes me feel better and ready to tackle my eating habits.

@anon39736208 Sounds like those burgers would be good. I had Morningstar products before! Yes, oatmeal, always a goodie!

@Katherine85 thanks I get the bagged salad and my boyfriends brother cuts up other veggies to put in it as well!

2 Likes

Hard boiled eggs
Tuna
Frozen veggies
Plenty of water
Nuts
White chicken meat
Beans

1 Like

thanks @Wave, unfortunately the smell of tuna makes me gag lol, and I cant eat nuts

but the others are good suggestions

2 Likes

Protein shakes and bars. I make shakes with milk and whey powder, and also drink muscle milk. Lost 18 lbs

1 Like

What about a salad with reduced calorie dressing

1 Like

Oops I guess somebody said that already

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.