I cannot handle my job

The reason is I am really lazy,I don’t like to talk,not even basic greeting(hate to greet people)…I want to do what I want,I dislike my family member influencing what I want to do and how I want to live my life.I just got back to medication Olanzapine a month ago,I knew Olanzapine might give me a slightly better life,but comes with side effect which I cannot complaint as previously I had sexual side effect which is the worst,and now I don’t.My parent failed to train me into a good salesman,I perform mediocrely in my job…they still want me to stay at my job,which I think is not a very good choice.They keep advising me to stay in the job,which makes it very hard for me to leave

You were previously on a sub therapeutic dose of abilify. Now you’re on a sub therapeutic dose of Olanzapine from what I remember.

Maybe your ability to cope would improve if you were on the minimum dose for schizophrenia.

2 Likes

I am getting sleepy at work,I don’t think more doses of antipsychotic might help…the doctor didn’t even think I need necessary antipsychotic…he knew I dislike to take meds and he asked if I would like to go on one,I said yes and took it…the problem is not on the meds.I previously took 15mg abilify for one and half month,for me it just makes me sleepier…not much difference on thinking and mood

1 Like

I understand and can relate to most of this but I do way better when I have a job. Not having anything to do always makes me feel worse mentally.

2 Likes

Do you depend on your job financially
If not there is other stuff you can do to fill your time . I wish I could work paid
Although I would rather be busy and have a paid job it is true sitting around is not good for mental health either

1 Like

Do what’s best for you, @Gtx1990. If that means quitting and getting on better/more therapeutic meds, then so be it. But you gotta do whats best for your health

For instance you could attend exercise classes
Take up yoga or Pilates
Do some volunteer work

I am so confuse whether the decision my parent made for me is helping.Yet I cannot blame them,because I didn’t manage to make good decision for myself.The thing is they influence me on day to day basis on what they feel is “right”or “best”for me.I have never left home

I just feel the need not to connect with people,tbh I think my colleague is laughing behind my back,that’s why I try to avoid them.I am going to tell my gf about it later

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.