‘I can’t live on $709 a month’: Americans on social security push for its

“A rising tide lifts all ships.”

Also, don’t be a dick.

8 Likes

If you’re really asking those questions seriously, then you should know the dangers of impressionable young folk willing to do anything to survive, having young people in society who cannot function normally disrupts the system. Its efficient to help. If you lack the character to see even that compassion under compulsion is necessary then you also know that society isn’t innocent, it is selfish. Society binds us all in chains so that it may go on. Preach on about what is owed and what isn’t. It doesn’t matter. Its just easier for society to pay for the lesser costs of having a less disrupted system.

There is no doubt, the system is broken. But the social safety net doesn’t just exist for people to abuse. We’re talking about people who are legitimately disabled. There’s a big difference

I worked for 20 years as a welder, spray painter, computer programmer and manager. I don’t begrudge a single person who is on disability benefits, that needs societies help. That’s one of the few examples of my tax dollars going to a good cause.

Is the system abused,? Yes. Does that mean you take support away from those who need it? No

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.