I came out

@EsDad I am unsure what your saw to be honest. You can also look directly on YouTube…?

That was such a wonderful message to read… genuinely, thank you very much! :pray:t6:

I was extremely nervous in all sincerity but I have also been offered to speak at other functions.

I do hope all is well with you and I hope to talk to you bc Spain.

1 Like

That was an amazing talk! You seemed so calm. I was really surprised to read what you wrote about being nervous. You seem like a pro public speaker!

1 Like

Wow that’s so cool you were able to do that. It was very good! Thanks for sharing it with us. I became schizophrenic 5 years ago at age 30, and have recovered a good deal since then, but still have hallucinations. I love TED talks on the subject, there are too few on it.

1 Like

You are now a ted speaker! Well done! You are amazing.

1 Like

That is very kind of you to say. Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my talk xx

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t6:. I was only in medication for 6 months before my doctors and I decided to try without it. The side effects were too aggressive for me. Although I feel that I have been able to regain much of who I was before I became unwell, I too, continue to have inconsistent symptoms. Before July 2019, I only had hallucinations one one occasion, but since then I have had them repeatedly

1 Like

Thank you kinky Laetitia :pray:t6:

@I_am_not_here
I watched your talk this morning on my PC. It is probably beyond my daughter’s understanding, at least for now, but I just wanted you to know how profoundly it resonated with me before I migrate to the Family and Caregivers forum.

I am an older white straight man who doesn’t have schizophrenia. But your talk is one that spans humanity. For most of my live I’ve tried to hide my mental health conditions. I grew up dirt poor. I’m a severe introvert with psoriasis that covers much of my skin. Just meeting people makes me uncomfortable. Speaking publicly, like you did so well, is unimaginable. Thank you for posting your talk.

2 Likes

I am so sorry that it has taken me until now to read and respond to your message. Thank you ever so much for writing and sharing your experience with me and those of the forum. I think that is very courageous.

To tell you the truth, a few months before I was due to give a speech at my only sisters wedding and at the last moment, I refused. Public speaking is not something I have previously enjoyed or felt I could do. I do not wish to characterise speaking on Ted more important than my sisters wedding but it was a dream of mine. But to go back to what you said, when I truly reflect upon how I was able to do that and why I wanted to (speaking as someone who is I introverted, reserved and shy) was because I felt imprisoned and I needed to get out.

I do not know you but just from what you write I believe many people may be able to learn from you and if you feel like I did, perhaps sharing your story and your experience may help set you free and the many who are o strained by a closed mind.

1 Like

I suffer from OCD intrusive thoughts and also depression I believe. When I am better and healed I will deliver a speech of what I went though hopefully I will inspire and help other people.

Thank you very much :pray:t6:

1 Like

Agent like yourself, my transition I cured at the age of 30. My prime. I am now 34. I can sympathise with you. I am so happy to read that you have recovered significantly since then. My symptoms are inconsistent, I am not in medication so they transpire spontaneously. But like yourself, I have learnt to act cautiously and mitigate any trigger of my symptoms. From a psychological, social and emotional I do have more work to do.

I hope I will at least get half way to where I once was. Please know that if you or any of the others just want to talk privately, we can.

Thank you again for your message

Slice be from the response I have recurved already about the different afflictions if mental health, I am sure your talk will help many others. Please deliver it

1 Like

Thank you Laetitia :pray:t6:

I listened to the talk and enjoyed it. It was very well done.

1 Like

Thank you very much. That is very kind of you to say :pray:t6:

Hey @I_am_not_here, I saw your performance yesterday and it was very inspiring. Good stuff.

Hope to see more of that.

See ya.

1 Like

Thank you very much DNA! i intend to do more. Hopefully another with TED.

2 Likes

Thank you all for al of your wonderful replies. It reinforces my belief that despite its cost, coming out was the right thing to do. X

1 Like