I bought my new computer chair

looks like a nice chair =)

1 Like

When I come into money, the design might vary a little, but this will be my ultimate entertainment station.
On screen, suckers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here are a couple pictures of the box. I know, I know, boring…

Here it is unboxed, took me about 1/2 hour to put it all together…

Here are a couple pictures of the chair without and with the headrest. The head rest is magnetic so you can move it around so it is in the correct position, and it’s really soft…

The chair definitely lives up to my expectations. With my old chair the seat cushion had flattened out and it was like sitting on a piece of wood and my ass would start to hurt. I’ve been sitting in this chair for 45 minutes now and my ass doesn’t hurt, woohoo! It’s firm, but comfortable. It’s adjustable, up and down. backrest goes forward and backwards, chair rocks back and forth (and can lock into place), the arm rests are comfortable and adjustable. It’s a very nice chair, no regrets.

Dammit! The box weighed 85lbs. I was getting hungry after lugging it inside and downstairs and then putting it together :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Looks like you have an early Christmas. What is the occasion ?

1 Like

Well they recently came out with a new model, but I wanted the older model for a long time, but could never afford it. Once I got a job, almost 6 months ago, my goal was to save up and buy it. I finally saved enough and got the newer model instead. No occasion, just a treat for myself.

1 Like

Wow, 6 months consecutively work. That deserves a reward. I rewarded myself with a daily kebab before work and parties with friends. So, I haven’t got anything else to show from work, but having a good time.

1 Like

I was playing around with all the adjustment options to get it just right. I forgot to mention it also has lumbar support. This chair has everything!

2 Likes

Okay, maybe it doesn’t have “everything”, lol

1 Like

The company that makes the chair (Secretlab) sent me an email telling me I could extend the chair warranty by 2 years (for 5 years total) if I posted a picture of my chair next to my computer setup on social media with the hashtag #Secretlab so I did, then I had to send them a link as proof. They just confirmed they saw the post and my warranty has been extended. Nice!

My desk is a little messy and it’s a little embarrassing but I am to lazy to clean it up, since it is on SM now I thought I would post the photo here as well.

The computer on the left is my PC, the computer on the right is my Linux server. The top monitor is on a monitor arm attached to the wall and is hooked up to my Linux server, the other monitor is connected to my PC. I’d like to replace the desk. it’s in bad shape, it was built by hand by my grandfather back in the 60’s, maybe I’ll save up for a new desk next.

1 Like

Wow, bought it just in time. The company sent me this email today, the chair would have cost me an extra ~$70.00 if I had waited any longer…

We wanted to let you know that our prices are increasing by about 10% worldwide. We wish we didn’t have to, but the past few months have been immensely challenging for us. At Secretlab, we’re committed to using only the best materials and shipping partners for our products, but these prices have increased tremendously.

I usually get computer chairs at the goodwill or salvation army. Yours looks a lot more comfortable. Looks like you can lean back and have support without tilting over easily.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve spent the last 20 years buying budget chairs on sale at staples or costco. This chair is awesome. I was a little hesitant to spend so much money on a chair but I read a lot of good things about it, now that I have it I have no regrets.

It’s comfortable, it is fully adjustable. and it is stable. It comes in 3 sizes for people with different heights/weights. I bought the XL version with the hope that it will stand up over time, because I am under its weight tolerance.

1 Like

When it comes down to it, having a comfortable chair for gaming and computer use is a big plus. I had to use a foldable chair for a few months and my back was killing me.

1 Like

Yeah, I have a foldable chair I have used on accasion. I hated it, it’s just a backup. If you scroll up this thread I posted a pic of it. It’s an ugly yellow colour and uncomfortable.

1 Like

Yup. That looks like something wrestlers in the 70’s might use. :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.