I believe I have MS

I believe I have MS, even though several neurologists told me I do not. Is this delusional thinking? Unusual belief?

3 Likes

Yes it could be delusional.
Years ago I was sure that I had Lupus.
Even got tested for it.

It’s was a delusion.

3 Likes

I believed that worms parasited in my stomach. It lasted for around half a year. I requested medicine even. It was a delusion. Therefore it is possible to have a delusion related to disease.

2 Likes

Yes it must be a delusion because I seen the top neurologists and argued with them that I have MS! Still there are days I truly believe I have MS and not somataform disorder.

It’s crazy because I do stumble and stagger and have woozy head like today. Today I feel I have MS.

1 Like

Yes, it’s delusional. You already know you have problems related to somatics.

Tbh it could be fibromyalgia as well. That disease minics others and gets worse with mental illness.

I have fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, and possible sero negative lupus. The symptoms improved when I went on APs, but i was also doing things to better my health at the time. The symptoms didn’t go away like they would if i was imagining

1 Like

I am currently in the process of testing for MS. I have no signs other than severe fatigue that has plagued me most of my life but at this point is very crippling.

6 months ago I went for an mri if my brain. They wanted to see more detail so they did a follow up with color. I have somewhere around 30 white matter brain lesions.

Soon I will go for a follow up brain and spine MEI to see if there has been any change. If the MRIs look positive or inconclusive they will send me for a spinal fluid test.

So for someone with no usual symptoms of MS it is possible to be tested and find out for sure if that is the course you want to go.

My fatigue is so severe that in a sleep study I did my daytime sleep latency averages 5 min over 10 hours. Meaning they kept me up for 2 hours at a time and then said I could fall asleep and on average it took me 5 min to pass out.

I don’t want to have MS but if I do then maybe I can get additional medicine to help.

2 Likes

Maybe you have another health issue other than MS?

You should still see a doctor for the wooziness.

1 Like

I’ve been feeling a bit woozy myself lately.

I understand. Why do we think this way? Is delusional disorder a psychiatric disease because it must be if my thoughts are thinking I have MS.

My symptoms are physical as well as mental.

Really, I hope not too bad because it’s a terrible feeling. It’s like dizzy, woozy head. Very hard to concentrate or focus with it.

Hopefully you will be okay:)

1 Like

I have high blood pressure. Since taking the blood pressure tablet its eased considerably but I still have fullness in my head and I feel unbalanced.

That’s why I’ve been thinking I could still have MS, because of the fatigue as well.

1 Like

@Butterfly13 have you had the attacks they talk about regarding MS like numbness or suddenly suffering motor coordination issues. I don’t personally know what an ma attack is like but I know that’s almost required for a dx

1 Like

Wishing you well too @Butterfly13!

1 Like

I dont think U have MS. @Butterfly13

Just take your side effect medication and U won’t develop any neurological problems.

1 Like

Hi I had all the testing for MS, spinal tap, visual evoked potentials and a lot of MRI’s. I understand the fatigue. I have it since 2014, plus unbalance and I am clumsy and awkward as well.

I tested negative on spinal tap and my scans were showing white matter lesions in the juxtacortical area of my brain. All neurologists I saw said I didn’t have MS thankfully but I still believe I do, because all my symptoms point to MS as one neurologist said, but that doesn’t mean I have it.

Due to my constantly saying to the neurologists I think I have MS, one of the neurologists sent me to a psychiatrist who prescribed quietapine and abilify. The psychiatrist told me I had somataform disorder.

So that’s where I’m at right now. Somataform disorder and depression and anxiety.

The fatigue is so bad that I just fall into bed unable to do anything or keep my eyes open!

Hopefully your tests will be clear and you dont have MS.

Wishing you well too Wave:)

1 Like

I was diagnosed with a somatoform disorder 5 years ago @Butterfly13

No numbness but I am clumsy and awkward and have severe fatigue. My psychiatrist says its somataform disorder and treatment resistant depression.

It’s all just so confusing and frustrating. I have to keep seeing my psychiatrist and she told me not to go down that route again, Believing I have MS because it will drive me crazy.

Why do I believe so strongly I have MS is my problem. I mean why isn’t that thought leaving my mind? Perhaps I have delusional disorder on top of everything else. Some days I think I have schizophrenia as well.

It’s all very tiring.

1 Like

Oh Wave, how do you cope with the somatics? Do you get pain and clumsiness and awkwardness?

1 Like

I’m taking all my meds DNA, I want to get better. I’m sticking with my psychiatrist. That’s perhaps the best route now for me, not neurology.

1 Like