I barely leave my house

I don’t like to leave my apartment either. Except to go visit my best friend in her beautiful home on the outskirts of town. But, even that is not really fun because she gets so anxious about her adult daughter coming over and spying me in the house. (Her daughter hates me and don’t ask me why. It isn’t reasonable). I’d really just rather be left alone. But, I can’t turn this woman down for almost anything because I still love her. She says she loves me too although we don’t have sex because of my religion. It’s really just a messed up, mixed up, crazy thing and it keeps going on forever.

3 Likes

I went for several short bike rides today.
Just being out, I felt better.
Getting better everyday I take my meds.

5 Likes

I’m moving to a new apartment in 6 more days and I just found out that there is no bus service anywhere near where my apartment is. Whoops!!! Now, I’m thinking that I want to get a cruiser bike. Something that is easy on the back. Something for older people. My best friend told me about it. I will be living on the ground floor of the apartment building, so storage should be no problem.

2 Likes

I can’t stand being at home either. If I have nothing to do, I just go to bed and have the tv on in the background. Been like this for a few years now.

I cannot particularly cope with outside either sometimes, which is making things difficult. Luckily and unluckily, I am pumped through with plenty of benzos, so I think the worst of it is being hidden at the moment.

3 Likes

I leave my apartment almost everyday to the local fruit barn or grocery. But I barely chat with any acquaintance during the way to and from the grocery. I just say hello and give a smile to them, because I don’t like them to ask me "what are you doing now for living ". I guess I still have fairly good social skills but I don’t practice them any more due to low self esteem.

2 Likes

if you got a pet that might be a good reason to go out and you may feel safer with a pet :slight_smile: just a suggestion

2 Likes

Yeah my father and I are still thinking about getting a dog someday.

3 Likes

it helped me in the early days of my illness, i was paranoid/scared thought i’d get attacked but my mums dog gave me some courage and it felt good bc it was mutually beneficial, i was walking it and it was walking me lol,

what about a therapy dog? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably not a therapy dog but as far as I’m concerned most dogs out there are very therapeutic.
Most likely it will be an adopted shelter dog.
Your run of the mill mutt! :grinning:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.